Hearing Better Now

MidTN

Got hearing aides for each ear and I hope it helps with my detecting. No more ear buds for me going to use headphones for now on. I hate the headphones this time of year, but as long as I can keep hunting I will suffer through it.

Hearing Aids

I have been wearing hearing aids for many years. I wore headphones a lot during my Navy time so they dont bother me. I like the headphones because they cut out a lot of the outside noise allowing me to concentrate on what my detector is telling me.

When you get your hearing aids you will be hearig stuff that you forgot existed. It takes time to get accustomed to all the noise that you have not been hearing.

My brother in law hates his hearing aids because he can not get accustomed to everything he is hearing.

Once you get accustomed to them you will love them.

I have been wearing hearing aids for many years. I wore headphones a lot during my Navy time so they dont bother me. I like the headphones because they cut out a lot of the outside noise allowing me to concentrate on what my detector is telling me.

When you get your hearing aids you will be hearig stuff that you forgot existed. It takes time to get accustomed to all the noise that you have not been hearing.

My brother in law hates his hearing aids because he can not get accustomed to everything he is hearing.

Once you get accustomed to them you will love them.

Time will tell. Thank you!!

I occasionally use a $50 hearing amplifier as my hearing is not real bad, just sometimes my wife might say something where I hear her but just not quite good enough to understand what she said if there is background noise. (got that amplifier effectively free thru Medicare-Humana's $50 quarterly allowance for OTC items)

Here's an interesting hearing aid I saw online :laughing:
hearinga.jpg

(got that amplifier effectively free thru Medicare-Humana's $50 quarterly allowance for OTC items)

GKL, please explain, I have the same problem as you.

(got that amplifier effectively free thru Medicare-Humana's $50 quarterly allowance for OTC items)

GKL, please explain, I have the same problem as you.

Well, my wife and I are on Medicare with Humana attached, besides the normal health insurance coverages, our prescriptions are 0 co-pay (no out of pocket when we get a 90 day supply from Humana mail order) and they have a web site with various OTC (over the counter) health aids from band aids to fitness products, pretty much any non-prescription health related items.

They allow members $50 quarterly to order whatever OTC items they want, you only pay out of pocket if you go over $50 for that quarter. (my wife and I each get $50 per quarter)

Not sure if you can see the following pages without being logged in as a member:

https://www.humanapharmacy.com/shopping.cmd

https://www.humanapharmacy.com/product/445-DigitalHearingAmplifier/38774.uts

Here is a screen capture of the hearing amplifier:
Humana-hearing_amplifier.jpg

Here is how they show our plan (we also have dental and vision added)
Plan name: MEDICARE PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATION
Group name: HUMANA INSURANCE COMPANY

Hope that helps !

Well, my wife and I are on Medicare with Humana attached, besides the normal health insurance coverages, our prescriptions are 0 co-pay (no out of pocket when we get a 90 day supply from Humana mail order) and they have a web site with various OTC (over the counter) health aids from band aids to fitness products, pretty much any non-prescription health related items.

They allow members $50 quarterly to order whatever OTC items they want, you only pay out of pocket if you go over $50 for that quarter. (my wife and I each get $50 per quarter)

Not sure if you can see the following pages without being logged in as a member:

https://www.humanapharmacy.com/shopping.cmd

https://www.humanapharmacy.com/product/445-DigitalHearingAmplifier/38774.uts

Here is a screen capture of the hearing amplifier:
View attachment 469685

Here is how they show our plan (we also have dental and vision added)
Plan name: MEDICARE PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATION
Group name: HUMANA INSURANCE COMPANY

Hope that helps !

Yes it does, Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom