New Guy Here

Marten

Hi Folks, I'm not really a new guy, I'm OLD and been digging steady when I could, for a "long time"! Digging for me has been sparce for the last 3-4 years due to my health, the weather and of course now the virus. However, all that, along now with the "Cabin Fever", a serious case of "The Fever" has set in. Until things level off some and I can actually get out and dig a little I will be here with you Folks enjoying watching and reading all about your good (and bad) digging experiences. It won't cure the "fever", but it sure will help! I want to add that , for "Me", Detecting was always mostly about two things, Friends and having Fun! In my BFO days I went it alone . There just were no others interested. Spent lots of years walking the woods by myself. I had fun and made some pretty good finds, though using the early Machines did have its challenges. Years later, I came too have a "Few, Close Digging Buddies." These are the True Treasures of Metal detecting! If you will come to realize this the FUN part will show up on every Dig you make, whether or not there are any Goodies Found! HH, Marten

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Having a detecting buddy or two would make the hunts more fun, but being in a very small town I've yet to talk to anyone in town who is into detecting so I might be the only active detectorist here, well, as nice as a hunting buddy might be at least on the bright side I guess I might have little if any competition :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

:fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us!

My detecting partners are my two brothers & my dad, and I feel that being able to enjoy the hobby with them is such a blessing. Add to that the friends we've made here on FMDF, and you can see a big part of what makes this hobby special to me. :yes:

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Having a detecting buddy or two would make the hunts more fun, but being in a very small town I've yet to talk to anyone in town who is into detecting so I might be the only active detectorist here, well, as nice as a hunting buddy might be at least on the bright side I guess I might have little if any competition :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:
Hi GKL, Thanks for the Welcome, I Appreciate it!! I had the same problem when I first starting detecting. It was really new and most folks even thought it was Dumb. I have known people today that think pretty much the same. That's a real shame too because gaining a True Sense of History ,through actually Digging History is a Blessing, and they are missing out on it! Having a good Digging Buddy or 2 is good to have also when age comes on you and need a helping hand sometimes! It can get pretty harry out there sometimes.HH, Marten

Thanks for the Welcome Princess, It's good to hear from Folks right away, Thanks! I would say that you have the best of situations going for you! I bet there is some real big time fun going on when you Smoke their Britches with a Better than All Goodie Find too! Don't get much better than that! I have a Best Friend from a forum of years ago whom I have never met in person. We still keep In Touch and are the both better for it. Real Friends are for Life! HH, Marten

Hi GKL, Thanks for the Welcome, I Appreciate it!! I had the same problem when I first starting detecting. It was really new and most folks even thought it was Dumb. I have known people today that think pretty much the same. That's a real shame too because gaining a True Sense of History ,through actually Digging History is a Blessing, and they are missing out on it! Having a good Digging Buddy or 2 is good to have also when age comes on you and need a helping hand sometimes! It can get pretty harry out there sometimes.HH, Marten

Thanks Marten, I think detecting is a hobby many people just don't think about unless they happen to see someone doing it or read an article about it. I have read where at least one member posted something before about letting a friend try detecting with their detector and they got hooked on the hobby pretty fast :lol:

Thanks Everyone!

For all the Warm Welcomes! Much appreciated and surely makes for some Good Feelings! Many Thanks! HH ! Marten

Welcome, from Framingham, MA, from a novice

:D
Hi Folks, I'm not really a new guy, I'm OLD and been digging steady when I could, for a "long time"! Digging for me has been sparce for the last 3-4 years due to my health, the weather and of course now the virus. However, all that, along now with the "Cabin Fever", a serious case of "The Fever" has set in. Until things level off some and I can actually get out and dig a little I will be here with you Folks enjoying watching and reading all about your good (and bad) digging experiences. It won't cure the "fever", but it sure will help! I want to add that , for "Me", Detecting was always mostly about two things, Friends and having Fun! In my BFO days I went it alone . There just were no others interested. Spent lots of years walking the woods by myself. I had fun and made some pretty good finds, though using the early Machines did have its challenges. Years later, I came too have a "Few, Close Digging Buddies." These are the True Treasures of Metal detecting! If you will come to realize this the FUN part will show up on every Dig you make, whether or not there are any Goodies Found! HH, Marten

Back
Top Bottom