Been a long, long time

Wom 27

Elite Member
Since I put my coil over gold. 2.5 grams, very small, (that’s my pinky finger). I took it to a buyer and was offered 60$. The diamonds are real so I’m thinking they are light ? BEB29D45-FFF4-4B6D-BB07-7A115A382FC9.jpeg

7D68031F-AC91-47FC-B4BD-8FB77F719650.jpeg

00CE812E-364E-4C68-A942-A7E22D837F93.jpeg

Small diamonds don't bring premium prices... what is the carat of the gold? If its 10k the stones are probably fair quality... congrats on the gold...

If its 10k melt value is $65 and change... if its 14k its worth $91 and change.

https://dendritics.com/metal-calc/

Small diamonds don't bring premium prices... what is the carat of the gold? If its 10k the stones are probably fair quality... congrats on the gold...

If its 10k melt value is $65 and change... if its 14k its worth $91 and change.

https://dendritics.com/metal-calc/

I thought I put down the carats, it’s 14. I thought she was light. Are they supposed to offer melt value ?

I wouldn't take any less.. come on sell it to someone for the ring not the melt value

gold

Buyers can offer what ever they feel like. Most pawn shops might offer forty percent of value if that. Then they sell it to a refiner at quite a profit.

Small diamonds do not add a lot of value to a ring.

A $60 offer on $90 melt value is pretty typical. "We buy gold" places generally won't pay anything for the diamonds, but people who wear rings do! I see that ring (very nice find, by the way!) as a hundred dollar bill; personal sale; maybe a bit more. Sometimes the quick sixty bucks is preferred over the hassle of trying to get a good price on your own, though. Either way...SCORE!!

I could probably get $100-$200 for that on Letgo or Offerup. I always try first to sell to private individuals when the item is pretty and presentable.

Actually, gold is karats, just fyi; carats is weight in diamonds. :D Man, really nice ring!

Wow that is a sweet score, congrats. If you don't need the money right now I would hang on to it. The value could double by years end. Good luck, Mark

Great find!!!! Gold has been scarce this year.....

I'd try going to a couple jewelry stores that make custom stuff or does in-house repairs. They often need stones and would give a better price for your ring....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I saw on another thread that this was your first gold ring? Amazing for your first one and a real milestone- congrats! I get around 90 percent of scrap value for my gold from a refiner but I agree that you might get more selling it as jewelry- it's a pretty ring and someone out there would buy it.

Back
Top Bottom