arrowhead hunt locations in Atlanta area

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I metal detect in the Atlanta area for Civil War relics. I am also thinking of spending some time also hunting for arrowheads. Anyone know of some good places to look for arrowheads in the metro Atlanta area?

I metal detect in the Atlanta area for Civil War relics. I am also thinking of spending some time also hunting for arrowheads. Anyone know of some good places to look for arrowheads in the metro Atlanta area?

Post your civil war relics you have found. Would like to see them.

So far just one flat button, one carved 3 ringer and a watering bit (which may or may not be Civil War era but near where I found the other two items. One problem with hunting in the metro Atlanta area is development.It takes lots of research to find even a small piece of property that you can legally hunt on. Some of the very best areas where the Battle of Peachtree Creek and east of Atlanta are very upscale homes and the parks in those area are either off limits to detectorists or have been well hunted back in the 70's and 80's.

Two things keep me at it. I love metal detecting and being out in the woods and the remote chance of finding a Civil War belt buckle. The belt buckle possibility keeps researching and hunting. I know it is a long shot, but still possible if I keep hunting. Besides with the corvid-19 !!!! there is not much else to do. Thus since I am in creeks quite a bit, I am also keeping my eyes peeled for arrow heads. Quite a bit of Indian history around Atlanta, but same problem with arrowheads as with detecting, too much every expanding development. One huge ancient Indian site along the Chattahoochee river but it is near a main Atlanta water plant and since 9/11 you cannot go near any water plants.

Attachments

• carvedbulletsmall.jpg
    carvedbulletsmall.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 347
  • flatbutton2small.jpg
    flatbutton2small.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 350
  • scewwood (4)small.jpg
    scewwood (4)small.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 346
Back
Top Bottom