Few odds I've never posted

PAdiggerTom

I usually just post my coins and buttons from my digs and not so much of the bycatch. So I figured to show a few items that I though was pretty neat.

Attachments

• IMG_6034.jpg
    IMG_6034.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_6040.jpg
    IMG_6040.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 665
  • IMG_6039.jpg
    IMG_6039.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_6032.jpg
    IMG_6032.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_6033.jpg
    IMG_6033.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_6042.jpg
    IMG_6042.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_6041.jpg
    IMG_6041.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_6044.jpg
    IMG_6044.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
Love the dust-cover @ the old padlock. The crude fancy lettering, etc... Just drips nostalgia.

Congrats,Fascinating look back in time to see the items someone 100 or so years ago!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great mix of items... if i had a "Relics Bucket List" - crotal bell & wax stamp would be on it for sure! Any idea what the item with the two 'Star of David' cut-outs is?

A great mix of items... if i had a "Relics Bucket List" - crotal bell & wax stamp would be on it for sure! Any idea what the item with the two 'Star of David' cut-outs is?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm thinking some kind of brooch or a pin.

Attachments

• IMG_6047.jpg
    IMG_6047.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_6046.jpg
    IMG_6046.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 597
What in the world is that metal portrait? I've never seen anything like that at all? If that is a personal item and not something commercial, that might be the coolest relic I've seen(that's not a high collectable).

What in the world is that metal portrait? I've never seen anything like that at all? If that is a personal item and not something commercial, that might be the coolest relic I've seen(that's not a high collectable).

Only thing I can think of is maybe a printing plate. An old one. Never thought of it being someone's pocket picture or something like that

Those are some really cool relic finds you posted! The lock with the intact cover is really neat. The pencil rub of that metal plate is kind of eerie but still interesting. There's much buried history in your part of the state! I hope I can get out east to detect sometime this year when I visit my friend in Greencastle and my old hometown of Falmouth.

1916 is the oldest dog tag I've ever seen.

Used to live in Zullinger, Greencastle and later in Chambersburg in the 80's and early 90's. Worked at Letterkenny Army Depot. Always fun to go back and see how the area has changed.

Great finds.

What is fed odds?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom