A Bitter divorce maybe??

brncofan

Elite Member
hi guys got out today for a few hrs in bitter cold temps 15-20 was waist deep and found a bunch of lead fishing weights 11 to be exact ,not many coins 2 wheat pennies and 1 nickel then i got a nice mid tone looked in my scoop and saw what looked like gold its a smooshed 14 k wedding band i believe, it has a stamp that was showing said orange blossam acid tested fine at 14k weighs 4.55g gold #3 for the year, worth going back to this spot 4 sure thanks for looking H.H.

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpg
    IMG_1378.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_1379.jpg
    IMG_1379.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 622
DANG!!! :laughing:
Looks like he had a train run it over THEN threw it in the ocean! :wow:
Sweet find though congrats, Gold pays the battery bills. :cool:

I am sure there is a good story behind that ring...

It did not end well.....

:dingding: My vote goes for a hammer! At least its definitely a scrapper.

A closer look, I see small lines going thru, like a pattern. Maybe a press or something? Very cool no matter what!

Attachments

• f41042c2db2dcda4c8973abcd00aa654.jpg
    f41042c2db2dcda4c8973abcd00aa654.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 491
You're making the Northeast pirates proud Mark. Not only hunting in unbearable conditions but finding the yellow. :workforgold:

Wow... when I first glanced at it I though it was a piece of a buckle that thing is so flat. Doesn't matter what shape it's in, gold is gold. Congrats.

Yeah! I woulda thought it a tarp grommet! I wonder what the deal is, it does look like flattened in a shop press underneath a scrap of bandsaw cut metal...Some people do indeed discard gold rings from bad relationships...Me and Sturrat up here know of one that got tossed out into the Big Lake....Nice find there!.

hi guys got out today for a few hrs in bitter cold temps 15-20 was waist deep and found a bunch of lead fishing weights 11 to be exact ,not many coins 2 wheat pennies and 1 nickel then i got a nice mid tone looked in my scoop and saw what looked like gold its a smooshed 14 k wedding band i believe, it has a stamp that was showing said orange blossam acid tested fine at 14k weighs 4.55g gold #3 for the year, worth going back to this spot 4 sure thanks for looking H.H.

thanks guys was a strange find for sure

A closer look, I see small lines going thru, like a pattern. Maybe a press or something? Very cool no matter what!

Yea I see the lines too. Very strange. Someone in a bad relationship making license plates or something and said screw it I'm throwing my ring in there too.:laughing:

Either way nice job on the recovery bronco, gold is gold :yes::grin:

I had to search Mark but I found the thread I posted back in 2013... Robert found a hammered Orange Blossom ring as well...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=157911

Very nice recovery and great hunt!!!

Those lines could easily be from a vice - definitely not a train - could be from a press but most of us don't have access to shop tools like that......

Either way - it's great catch that could have been mistaken for junk.....

Back
Top Bottom