• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox

Is going to be released toward's the end of January, which mean's the dealer's won't have them in for sale till most likely Feb. 1st , he attended the Arizona convention , and had the prototype in his hand, his comment was ,it was very fast- machine , no release date given out- other than the End of Jan. 2018, Earl

Thanks Earl

Last edited:
IF i read the information correctly Minelab said they would be SHIPPED from Asia the end of January It will take two to three weeks for the steamship to get to LONG BEACH. Then the containers will be shipped to the distributors. Then the Distributors will ship them to the dealers. Then and only then will the machines be shipped to the consumer.

Those that ordered early may see the machine towards the end of February.

Thanks

For the updates guy's, i guess updates to software is worth the wait, as far as shipment goes , i would think ML would fly them in, steamship is like snail USPS mail :roll::( PS we have waited long enough !!!!!!!!

Last I heard, and still hasn't changed, is they will ship to the US in late January then be distributed. Still the same as far as I know.

The Equinox would really have some work to do to match up to the gold ability of the Deus with the HF coils.

Hard to tell

As far as updates, however i would rather have a new machine, without having to update it myself, guess ML want's to make it wright the 1st time, just hope when they come out, all the flaw's are extracted , if any, i am sure with the millions they will make, they don't want return's for service , or software issues , time will tell guy's , just another hunter waiting here , don't know much, except what a dealer told me, and it is looking sometime in Feb., now :(, Earl

For the updates guy's, i guess updates to software is worth the wait, as far as shipment goes , i would think ML would fly them in, steamship is like snail USPS mail :roll::( PS we have waited long enough !!!!!!!!

I really don't think that Minelab is going to spend in excess of a hundred grand to fly a plane load of detectors to the united states when a steamship line would charge 2500 to 3000 to ship a 40 ft container of them. It is not economically feasible to fly them.

There is not enough profit in one of those units to justify the expense of flying them.

Don't forget that the distributor has to mark them up above his cost and then the dealer will have to mark the up to stay in business. Minelab gets far less that the price you see listed.

Ive heard the same........ this week the final updates are being done from the testers. Next week Malaise will up load and start the shipping process. I highly doubt any one on this side of the pond will see a machine before mid-Feb.

Dew

As far as updates, however i would rather have a new machine, without having to update it myself, guess ML want's to make it wright the 1st time, just hope when they come out, all the flaw's are extracted , if any, i am sure with the millions they will make, they don't want return's for service , or software issues , time will tell guy's , just another hunter waiting here , don't know much, except what a dealer told me, and it is looking sometime in Feb., now :(, Earl

I remember when I bought my ctx. The very first thing I had to do was connect it to the computer and update it. Seems silly they would hold back shipping a new MD because of updates unless it was serious issues they are trying to work out. Even then I’m sure once it gets in consumer hands like the ctx they will need to scramble and create an update to correct issues found actually in the field in the hands of the general public.

Ive heard the same........ this week the final updates are being done from the testers. Next week Malaise will up load and start the shipping process. I highly doubt any one on this side of the pond will see a machine before mid-Feb.

Dew
Malaysia to USA in a cargo ship... late March likely. Just in time for the new deus release

yes updates can be made by us thru the charging input. Ill be surprised if this one will needs many tweaks. There have been several field updates that really improving it...... mostly in the raw gold and jewelry area. This ones had some good testers working with the engineers this go around.

Like I said, I'm really laying my money down on this one. Literally LOL.

New technology makes this one different than all the other "new detectors". That and a past reputation as top dog in hard conditions.

Let me state right up front that I am more than curious about this detector and eventually when all the hoopla dies down I will get one.
The one thing that worries me is when you have this much demand for a product, the manufacture has to try to churn these out as fast as they can. That means long shifts for the employees with management setting unrealistic production goals and so forth.
I work for a fortune 500 company that manufactures Emission control equipment for Diesel vehicles throughout the world. When a new law gets passed or new legislation is enacted in a country we deal with then the orders start to roll in. Long shifts, forced overtime and all the stresses that come with it eventually take a toll on the quality of the final product. The quality assurance dept. is inspecting thousands of part each shift and that is only a sample of the actual production run.
I am sure Minelab will do the best they can but personally I am going to wait until mid summer/fall before I make my purchase. That is, if they are available by then :laughing:

Chop.... remember this has been going for awhile ... not a lot of change to the basics so may have thousands by now. All they do now days is update programs.

Back
Top Bottom