Copper Lincoln Mining/Coin Roll Hunting

beepinggeorge

Saw a story on Yahoo about mining copper lincolns. They have a neat machine that does this. If you arent familiar with this, google it. Worth a look.

So I decided to try this by hand.

Went to the bank and got $20.00 in penny rolls (brinks clear shrink)

Took several hours to yield 6 wheats, 8 canadian, 1 dime, and about 600 <1982 cents. I am gonna hoard the copper and see what happens.

Traded the zincolns back for nickels. Pain in the butt to have to roll them back up, but my bank requires it.

Found a few older nickels. Nothing to mention.

When I get passed Christmas and have a few bucks, I am gonna go after some halves.

Wish I could get my hands on $20 at a given time. My bank is lucky to have $5 of old penny rolls that they'll give me. Usually they give me a smug look and say, "all we have is new..." :dontthinkso:

In about $13 worth I've only pulled 3 wheats: 1956, 1942, and a 1915 but it's incredibly beat up :no:

Copper hoarding is fun, though. At least I know I'll have something in each roll. Good luck!

well I thought maybe I might find that around Christmas people cash in more change. I went to 7 banks today. When I asked for halves, every one of the clerks said "we dont have any"..."just a couple" and "YOU WONT FIND ANY SILVER".

I was almost embarrassed to ask when I got to bank seven. :D

I settled for $15 in pennies and 6 in nickels.

That bank said to bring them back loose. Their machine counts and rolls. :shock:

So I am gonna copper mine a little. I asked all 7 if they ever get any halves turned in. They all said yes, but a lot of people ask for them.

I think the tellers have just gotten wise.

Let you know what I find :p

I think the tellers around here are getting wise too. Wouldn't doubt if they cherry picked the loose. I need to get a job as a teller...

one of the copper sorting machine's is called Ryedale.I had one when I was CRH Lg qty of cents.There alittle costly but work great it paid for itself in no time.You can see them in action on Youtube.

I dunno if the ole lady will allow me to hoard anything else after I finally cleaned the garage out some, to her satisfaction.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom