Staying in shape

Nailfinder85

I now consider my weed whacking duties just a conditioning program for my MDing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya! Seems I’ve put in more weed whacking time in lately than I have detecting. So much for priorities -

Weed wacking and lawn mowing has been my training program for quite awhile now. It works but you have to up your game.
Use a push mower and cut your lawn in little side to side lines, when done, check for coverage. Carry your digger, when you encounter a dandelion or crab grass, practice your plug digging technique. For the ultimate workout, tie a 5 pound bag of sand to the end of your weed wacker. You'll be able to swing a detector all day.
One bad thing about that idea is that you'll start looking like a fiddler crab.

Weed wacking and lawn mowing has been my training program for quite awhile now. It works but you have to up your game.

Use a push mower and cut your lawn in little side to side lines, when done, check for coverage. Carry your digger, when you encounter a dandelion or crab grass, practice your plug digging technique. For the ultimate workout, tie a 5 pound bag of sand to the end of your weed wacker. You'll be able to swing a detector all day.

[emoji23][emoji1787].........[emoji1377]. “Cross fit MD” you may be onto something here.......

Take care of your feet. You don't want to get plantar fasciata.

Speaking of feet. About 15 days ago, I thought I sprained my big toe. Ice, elevation, anti inflammatory etc. Almost completely bed ridden. Excruciating pain. Finally after no improvement, went to doctor, I thought it was broken. Did an xray, no breaks, no sprains, no strains, no torn ligaments. Turned out to be "GOUT". Look it up. Sounds medieval. Got me on the right meds and it's healing up well enough that I'm up and about. Even got a gruesome hunt in the other day. No kidding, beer is one of the worst things for it. I love my beer, even brew my own. Chemical in beer called Purine I think. If you think you sprained your toe, and cant figure out when. Get to a doctor/urgent care etc. The sooner you get on meds the better you off you are. Awful pain.

a buddy of mine suffers from gout. beer drinker. now he has to mostly do wines or foofoo drinks like mike's hard and what have ya or that acts up and he's down for the count. not fun.

I now consider my weed whacking duties just a conditioning program for my MDing.

[emoji23][emoji1787].........[emoji1377]. “Cross fit MD” you may be onto something here.......

…..or maybe have arms like Popeye ? :laughing:
Grumpa_the_spinach_detectorist.jpg

Back
Top Bottom