Got the Haul Just Didn’t Get the Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
It was still too rough to go in the water but low tide was coming up in the morning so I went to a beach that I like to go South of me that really hasn’t done well for me this year. I took Noxy with the wireless headphones as I was going for a wet sand hunt. As I got to the beach, I noticed a wide expanse of wet sand indicating there was lots of erosion. First target before sunrise I thought was a bullet, but noticed later was a bullet sinker. 2nd target was a deep blackened quarter while the third was another dark dime. All within the first 5 minutes so I thought for sure conditions had lined up correctly and the gods would grant me some yellow in the scoop. Lots of coins and lots of sinkers in the 4.5 hours that I hunted but the closest I ever came to the gold was the fresh silver ring that I got near the end of the hunt. (Need some of Mud’s philosophy here about “gold being a cruel mistress” :(:lol:). I knew I had retrieved a lot of coins because I was sore, but I was a little surprised when I got home and saw that I had one of my larger clad amounts for the year. :yes: Looking forward to one more hunt on Sunday to end 2018!

Attachments

• 12-28-18.jpg
    12-28-18.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 12-28-18 Ring.jpg
    12-28-18 Ring.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 289
Dude! Thats Killer work! Beautiful! Love the rotten clad stack!

You know more than most concerning beach duty...any signal might be just be a 10K Rolex! Gold is indeed a cruel mistress! I like her Sister silver though, she is less apt to start a fight in the parking lot at a wedding reception...

All those rotten pennies though? Damn! Havnt you had enough? Not only are they difficult to stack for the after hunt group photo, but they wont go through a Coinstar for nothing! Hows about you just toss them back in your wake? We will take your word for it...keep a little counter on your belt and just click and toss like I do? :laughing:

You are going to have to keep us entertained for a while...2000 miles North of you, On the Great Inland Ocean, we got weather rolling in, and it aint the warm kind! :laughing:

187 coins off a beach anywhere out of the sand is like some monumental scoopage! Thats even huge work for a clad stabber or chipkicker! Nice...

Never mind that over half of the targets were Felixes, that's a fun hunt!

R5

It looks like the gold was close and that always makes for an exciting hunt! Congrats on the silver Felix and you don't even need to clean it! :yes:

U had A

Good year Felix , you buying a new car with all those 2018 Zinc's , or finally an eye candy Go Pro howboutit :?: Just kidding Happy New Year :kingdances: Zinc , 108 :jawdrop: in one hunt , :surrender:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom