• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1841 Seated Liberty Half Dime

Zoidberg661

Check it out!!! Found this beauty maybe 1 1/2 inches down. It is in such amazing condition I still can't believe it. I know this coin would shine up to look like brand new but I am fighting the urge to polish it, aaargghh, lol :)

About a year ago I found a seated 1837 first year issue in the same area.

Here is the link for that coin
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=35245

They make a nice set, the whole dime and the half. Happy happy day!

Attachments

• Half-Dime Front.jpg
    Half-Dime Front.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 371
  • Half-Dime Back.jpg
    Half-Dime Back.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 355
WOW! CONGRATS!!! That Coin is in EXCELLENT condition!! Really nice. and it wasn't deep at all. WTG!!

Great Condition........That must have been lost shortly after it came out........WTG!!

Another One?! I'm surprised it was only down about 1.5 inches!! Lucky....

Beautiful! I can imagine popping that beauty out!

Oldest dime I've found is 1916 barber, and oldest penny is 1906 IH.

Anyone know any good history for the OK panhandle in texas county?

good luck and HH!

nice

NO don't polish it!!:shock: leave it as is.you'll devalue it by taking the patina off it. trust me polished coins are taboo to a cllector if you should decide to sell it at some point.looks great as it is!

Yeah definitely agree with HEAVYMETALNUT...do not polish it!! I know you know, but sometimes our impulses outweigh our rational minds.

Note to anyone: if it's polished you can kiss the value goodbye. An appraiser will mark it "Cleaned" and the value drops like 90%. :shock:

Awesome find!! Nice job!

No worries, I aint gonna polish this coin, I WANT to! But I won't, I know better.
Got it in a nice little plastic holder now and into the box it goes. Gotta find a capped liberty dime now :)

Back
Top Bottom