Nice little spur of the moment Compadre hunt - lock, keys, wheats

Bonesquat

Elite Member
Got out today for a little while. The gf suggested I go beeping for a little bit. :D Can't argue with her on that! Set out to a sidewalk I've had no success at...noticed a house that's been for sale for over 6 months. It's been sitting there with no one living in it....:shifty:

Did a scan of the front yard and found the sweet lawn mower key. I still can't figure out how and why it's so shiny. :?:

Went to the back yard and hit an old sidewalk. Nabbed the old lock. I love old brass locks. Anyone know anything about this one? Both sides are shown. No writing on it anywhere.

Grabbed two beautiful wheaties and it started getting dark. I'm loving this little compadre. Doesn't seem to go very deep - but I have to remember what soil I'm dealing with here. Gotta take the E-trac to this house next time. I'm certain there's silver. Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• CAM_0288.jpg
    CAM_0288.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 207
  • CAM_0290.jpg
    CAM_0290.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 201
  • CAM_0286.jpg
    CAM_0286.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 215
  • CAM_0287.jpg
    CAM_0287.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 199
  • CAM_0291.jpg
    CAM_0291.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 201
  • CAM_0292.jpg
    CAM_0292.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 204
The lock..

I'm pretty sure the lock was made by the Slaymaker Lock Co. I'm almost positive, because there are couple with that cross pattern for sale on EBay that were made by Slaymaker.

The wheats are in nice shape and thats a cool lock. There's silver there keep at it.

The wheats do look in great shape like they were dropped in the 40's. I couldn't just go up to a house for sale even if nobody was there. Didn't you worry what a neighbor might say with you walking around the yard with a detector?

Nice

Nice haul . Need to get the etrac in there and sniff the silver out. I will be sending the upper shaft out tomorrow afternoon. (thurs.) Hope this spot continues to produce for you.

Nice haul . Need to get the etrac in there and sniff the silver out. I will be sending the upper shaft out tomorrow afternoon. (thurs.) Hope this spot continues to produce for you.

Thanks Fred!! Appreciate it. As soon as I go back to TN I'll def be bringing the E-trac along to sniff out the silver that the compadre missed.

@jersey - It has been for sale for like a year or more. I've hit the sidewalk in front of it countless times, the house next to it is also for sale and the other neighbor next door didn't seem to give a hoot. No harm done, just snuck in to grab some loot. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom