• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Social groups and The Axe (tm)

Voriax

Forum Supporter
Hello Folks

The Axe will fall...on some social groups.

Looks like there exists a number of social groups that have only one member - the founder. Or that the last post was year or two ago. Or even some duplicate groups...I already deleted one of the two Minelab Explorer groups...this one was founded 2+ years ago and had no posts...

So if a social group vanishes it did so because of inactivity or because it was redundant.

Also, if your Social Group's founder has vanished and you'd like to some active participant be the new 'founder' of the group...make a vote or something and present your case. Group 'ownerships' can be transferred.

And no, I'm not doing this on a whim...this came up after we examined the Group invite problem. I'm just the designated wielder of The Axe (tm)

Voriax

Hello Folks

The Axe will fall...on some social groups.

Looks like there exists a number of social groups that have only one member - the founder. Or that the last post was year or two ago. Or even some duplicate groups...I already deleted one of the two Minelab Explorer groups...this one was founded 2+ years ago and had no posts...

So if a social group vanishes it did so because of inactivity or because it was redundant.

Also, if your Social Group's founder has vanished and you'd like to some active participant be the new 'founder' of the group...make a vote or something and present your case. Group 'ownerships' can be transferred.

And no, I'm not doing this on a whim...this came up after we examined the Group invite problem. I'm just the designated wielder of The Axe (tm)

Voriax

:viking:

Just kidding Voriax. Good job.

Thank Voriax for organizing the Social Groups! :yes:

I just received a PM from a member wanting to know how to promote his group.

There's several things you can do to promote your group.

1. Start a thread about it on the forum in a category relevant to your group.

2. Post in Visitor Messages of members that you know use a certain detector and invite them.

3. Send invitations for members to join your group via the "Pending & Invited Members" link.

4. When you see a post from a new member, and they mention what type of detector they have, you can post a welcome and mention maybe they would like to join the group, and add a link to the group.

I have used all of these methods for the South Dakota group. :grin:

One thing I forgot to do when I first set up the California Group here was to go to the Group Tools tab and "subscribe" to the group. There had been activity in there I was unaware of! Now whenever someone joins it or adds a comment, I get an e-mail notification.:D

Back
Top Bottom