Civil war relics from today. Some very small pistol bullets

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
Beastdigs & I got back out today. I had a first today. I dug pistol bullets where I'm hunting. I also had some other kind of excitement today. I had three game wardens come up to me while I was digging a hole. They saw me from the road & thought I was setting traps. They were ready to draw there guns until they saw I had a metal detector & shovel. I told them that I hope I didn't ruin they're day & better luck next time. I also said that they were in the wrong business coming after me:D. I had permission to be there. I did dig a three ringer in front of them. Thanks for looking & HH

Attachments

• 14167899734000.jpg
    14167899734000.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 14167900380701.jpg
    14167900380701.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 235
  • 14167900864202.jpg
    14167900864202.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 231
Those little pistol bullets are cool. Lead beyond lead, awesome.

Next time those Game Wardens roll up on you just be like...:numchuck: Back the heck up! Represent.

Glad u and Adam are killing it. Nice digs. Pistols are a fun change up.
Looks like a pocket watch gear too.

Last edited:
Very nice hunt!! I wish I had a spot like that to hunt in va!

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

there are ENDLESS spots like this here. All I hunt my friend. Ive even invited you.
Be very lucky Va has never ending history. Im gonna do some spotsy door knocking next week to get those 300-1000 acre fields :)

Anyone know what gun those pistol balls go to here's a better pick at the size.

Here is the best I could come up with: Thomas & Thomas (page 10) lists some variations of Colt "pocket" revolver bullets that look close to yours. Best guess is that yours is a .31 caliber, even though your caliper measurement is a little high, but that could be because of build-up on the bullet. The book calls for (bullets 5 and 6) a diameter of .325, length .42-.48, and weight 68-76 grains. Bullets 3 and 4 are .28 caliber and thus too small. My best guess is that your bullets are variations of some pocket revolver. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• pistol.jpg
    pistol.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 208
Cool little pistol rounds! Can't help with an id. Only .36 cal rounds I've seen out here are the teardrops. Funny story about Johnny law:laughing:

Cool little pistol rounds! Can't help with an id. Only .36 cal rounds I've seen out here are the teardrops. Funny story about Johnny law:laughing:

Bunny law friend. They have the right to come on your property with out a search warrent in PA. Its cool to have that happen they were just checking me out.

Back
Top Bottom