East Coast roadtrip

umrgolf

Headed over to the east coast for the last week to do some hunting with two longtime friends. First stop, met up with Alan in SC for a 1-day hunt. Spent the remainder of the time with Josh in GA. On both stops, we went out to areas that had colonial and CW activity, but the finds were almost all colonial to early 1800's.

The weather was great the whole time... However, just got back home today to 25 degrees and snow :lol:

The large cent is 1798 (haven't cleaned it yet), milled half reale is 1781, half reale cob is 1723

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 364
If you had more time I would have taken you over to a reb camp.... Next time Gimmie a jingle so you can hit some block buttons too! Nice haul.

If you had more time I would have taken you over to a reb camp.... Next time Gimmie a jingle so you can hit some block buttons too! Nice haul.

Will do, I'm guessing my buddy Alan might be interested in swapping some sites with you as well. Thanks for the offer, the same goes for you if you ever wind up in Missouri. Have zero issues taking guys out with me who offer to put me on their good spots.

Have Alan Gimmie a call. Also have em check out my club....how far are you from tn boarder I got a some properties near ft donelson that have done me well with C&S calvery and us michigan items, I will be there next we through Saturday.

I have a private area to stay at my house. So you don't need a hotel I. A really nice neighborhood here. My wife makes good breakfasts before the hunts and a hell of a dinner while we look at our !!!!! Lol

Great finds buddy! What are the scrolled pieces to the left side of the pic? You should have stayed down there -- our weather is a slow warm up to over freezing by the weekend, only to have an 80% chance of rain on Sat. and Sunday:mad:

Have Alan Gimmie a call. Also have em check out my club....how far are you from tn boarder I got a some properties near ft donelson that have done me well with C&S calvery and us michigan items, I will be there next we through Saturday.

I have a private area to stay at my house. So you don't need a hotel I. A really nice neighborhood here. My wife makes good breakfasts before the hunts and a hell of a dinner while we look at our !!!!! Lol

wow, that would be awesome.. It looks like I'm five hours away from Ft. Donelson. here's the deal, I'm supposed to be meeting up with a couple out-of-town buddies the same week to hunt a spot about an hour from me.. I wonder if we couldn't come out there and hunt with you one day, then maybe have you come hunt with us one day?? I don't know about you, but 5 hours isn't bad at all

Great finds buddy! What are the scrolled pieces to the left side of the pic? You should have stayed down there -- our weather is a slow warm up to over freezing by the weekend, only to have an 80% chance of rain on Sat. and Sunday:mad:

Hey Chip, I'm not sure which pieces you're talking about? If you're talking about the ornate brass, those are colonial drawer pulls or some type of similar furniture escutcheon. If you're talking about the flat lead pieces, I'm not sure what those are aside from plain ol flattened out lead

You did Great, that LC looks like it's going to have some really nice detail. Very Nice, Bill

Thank you, definitely the best draped bust largie I've dug so I'm going to hold off cleaning until I talk to a couple different guys who can give me the right advice

Awesome finds. I've got 2 years to go and my wife retires. Thinking of wintering in south Carolina. Hopefully near a beach. Sounds like you have a lot of great places to dirt fish. Up here all the state has to hear is the military even spent the night in a spot. And they make it a historic site. Putting it off limits to metal detecting. We have a great deal of the war of 1812 all around me. But it all is off limits.

I've had some great adventures in upstate... Just need to get to the private landowners. You don't need to be right on the camp to have some killer finds.... Hope it the advice helps until you can " snowbird" down here .... We have the same challenges just need to research and bribe the farmers.

I've had some great adventures in upstate... Just need to get to the private landowners. You don't need to be right on the camp to have some killer finds.... Hope it the advice helps until you can " snowbird" down here .... We have the same challenges just need to research and bribe the farmers.

+1

Spectra is right on the money. I attended Nuclear Prototype for my navy training in Saratoga Springs/Ballston Spa. That was the name of the game- privately owned homes and farms. Can't remember the highway number, but it seemed like every other home had a historic marker in the front yard. Since it's privately owned, if the owner says go for it, it's fair game.

Thanks guys. I have door knocked best find so far is a 1832 caped bust dime and in the same yard an 1853 braided hair large cent. Both are in remarkable shape. Haven't had much luck with farms. Did one farm that is right next to a battle field. More pull tabs and can slaw than a beach. Am going to give it a try in the spring.

Thanks guys. I have door knocked best find so far is a 1832 caped bust dime and in the same yard an 1853 braided hair large cent. Both are in remarkable shape. Haven't had much luck with farms. Did one farm that is right next to a battle field. More pull tabs and can slaw than a beach. Am going to give it a try in the spring.

You're welcome, another place you'll have a lot of luck with farms is along old waterways. If you can get on any type of plowed crop field or woods along the rivers up there, you'll do well.

Back
Top Bottom