Amazing.

metaladdict

Elite Member
I went back to my local junior college lawn and the dirt was dry. Somehow I still find nickels
and some quarters and many dimes!
I was slowing down the swing and digging those good sounds among the trash.
I was running my ATP in promode nothing notched out cept pennies and iron audio on.
Did I mention I really like my ATP!
Happy Detecting.

ATP is a great machine!

Don't notch out pennies, though. I've found some great things that sounded like pennies.

Nice job! Are you discriminating out copper pennies too? I've had quite a few silvers ring in at copper penny range. Congrats and happy hunting!

ATP is a great machine!

Don't notch out pennies, though. I've found some great things that sounded like pennies.

Oh, definitely. I just pulled a silver ring out on Thursday that was a solid 77. I didn't think it was a penny (it didn't have that "blip" sound), but it was definitely in the "notch zone" of a penny.

I've also pulled big thick gold bands at 75.

Skippy

Sounds like there's plenty left to find.
Other than iron, I discriminate with my eyes. I know that's lots of digging, but the jewelry finds are the money makers, and jewelry falls on all ranges.

I'm loving my ATP. Just burned through my first set of batteries. So far it's gotten me a bunch of clad, 1851 Trime, 1903 IHP and a lead railroad seal. I'm really starting to get a feel for it.

Oh, definitely. I just pulled a silver ring out on Thursday that was a solid 77. I didn't think it was a penny (it didn't have that "blip" sound), but it was definitely in the "notch zone" of a penny.

I've also pulled big thick gold bands at 75.

Skippy

The chunky gold ring I found a few weeks ago rang up like a zincoln, as did an 1869 half dime, two war nickels, and a thin silver ring. Besides, pennies still spend! I turned in almost $10 last time I ran them through the CoinStar.

I'm loving my ATP. Just burned through my first set of batteries. So far it's gotten me a bunch of clad, 1851 Trime, 1903 IHP and a lead railroad seal. I'm really starting to get a feel for it.

Eneloop AA rechargeables may save you some clad in battery cost. I have been recharging mine for over a year and they last a long time between charging.

Eneloop AA rechargeables may save you some clad in battery cost. I have been recharging mine for over a year and they last a long time between charging.

Ditto.

I have Eneloops and Duraloops (Duracell branded Eneloops) in constant use, and they have saved me a lot of money. Don't skimp on the charger, though, get a smart charger that charges each cell separately, and that can condition the cells. For good advice on batteries and chargers, you can't do better than http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forum.php?

Back
Top Bottom