AT Pro headphones

You'll probably also need to get the headphone adapter. You can see in the picture below how I run mine. This will allow you to use any headphones you want. They run about $40

ATPro_8_5.jpg

Too bad Garrett doesnt have a lot of headphone options.

They may get better at it though. ;)

But yeah you'll need the headphone adapter to enable all brands. Let me know if you need one.

I really dislike proprietary connectors. I'm wondering if this setup would work:

Garrett Headphone Adapter > Deteknix Wire-Free WR Lite transmitter.

On the ShowMeTreasure page, http://showmetreasure.com/products/garrett-headphone-adapter, it indicates that if your impedance is too low, you'll need to add a termination resistor to disable the built-in speaker. Has anyone tried using a WR transmitter (not the WA version) on an AT Pro to see if this is needed?

The added bonus is that you would be able to use the same Deteknix transmitter on something other than the AT Pro.

Geez, I didn't know I wanted this until I saw it. I need to quit visiting these forums. :)

--ex

Since its been publically posted. Garrett is coming out with their own Z-link wireless transmitters. With garrett adapter or not to use on all detectors. Similar to deteknix but backed but a large trusted USA Brand.

Thanks for the heads-up. I see the announcement up on the Garret FB page. Anybody know when these things will hit the streets and what the MSRP will be?

The FB post only says this info will be "...announced later".

--ex

Thanks for the heads-up. I see the announcement up on the Garret FB page. Anybody know when these things will hit the streets and what the MSRP will be?

The FB post only says this info will be "...announced later".

--ex

And thats all anyone knows

Back
Top Bottom