Advice on a bigger coil for the T2

VaBill

Forum Supporter
Hunted a spot today that had some really deep targets (civil war bullets at up to 14"). My buddy using his T2 in all metal mode struggled to do very well while I did pretty good with my MXT wearing the ultimate 13" coil even running with the disc up a little.

So it's a good time to look into a bigger coil for him. Really wish there was more info on the new NEL Thunder.

This is relative to my interest as well because I like the T2 as well and use mine a lot.

Hunted a spot today that had some really deep targets (civil war bullets at up to 14"). My buddy using his T2 in all metal mode struggled to do very well while I did pretty good with my MXT wearing the ultimate 13" coil even running with the disc up a little.

So it's a good time to look into a bigger coil for him. Really wish there was more info on the new NEL Thunder.

This is relative to my interest as well because I like the T2 as well and use mine a lot.

I have the 15" coil for my T2. I bought it used but it had never been used. They sold a ton of these 15" coils when First Texas was doing updates for the T2. I think they were selling new for $99 if you did the upgrade.

I think I paid $80 for mine and will be taking it to Culpeper in a couple months to try it out on a Civil War relic hunt.

Running in AM or DISC on the T2?
Disc. mode, 90 sens. BP. on the Nel hunter coil. I have found bullets 10-12'' with the stock coil. I used the Nel Sharpshooter coil last week and found a few pewter looking pieces the size of a dime that were about 10". Checked the depth with the PP and the holes were just above it. Ran that coil 80 sens. BP. The GB was at 63-68 where I hunt.

Disc. mode, 90 sens. BP. on the Nel hunter coil. I have found bullets 10-12'' with the stock coil. I used the Nel Sharpshooter coil last week and found a few pewter looking pieces the size of a dime that were about 10". Checked the depth with the PP and the holes were just above it. Ran that coil 80 sens. BP. The GB was at 63-68 where I hunt.

He's running the stock coil on a T2 classic so no boost. I think he shoukd jump on the new Thunder. Go big.

Back
Top Bottom