ih1859h.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,037
  • ih1859t.jpg
    ih1859t.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,020
  • liberty.jpg
    liberty.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 997
Holy Cow!!! :shock: That's awesome! Can you believe how long that thing has just been sitting there, waiting for someone to find it.....? And the condition is unbelievable for a copper coin out of the ground!

Sure is a beaut, Jeff. Super detail, too!
My boss found an IH today too... 1865 I think... and 2 wheaties.
I found 5 cartridges, a watch face, an old buckle-type thingy, 3 buttons, 2 nickels, an' 2 wheaties... Ohh, and yet another boy scout slider. :grin:

:shock:That sure is a nice find!!!According to my old coin book FROM 2000 the 1859 IH starts out at $7.25 and goes up to $1,000 for a proof -63 so take care of that thing!!!CONGRADS

Price update from 2006: Indian Head 1859 with FULL SHARP LIBERTY easily fetches over $100 in EF up to $450 in MS-63

Good going Jeff! That's a real pretty one. What is your schedule like this week? Supposed to be nice. Cladius.

Thanks all!
Normally I wouldn't go for eye-popping for an IH but this is a rare beauty.
Angel , you and Cladius are welcome to hit the spot with me. Any Time! 8)

angellionel said:
Beautiful IH, Jeff! :grin:

I'm sure you'll be hitting that field again before the weeds pick up.

Angel

Jeff R said:
Angel , you and Cladius are welcome to hit the spot with me. Any Time! 8)

Hey, it would be my pleasure to go detecting with you and Cladius. I just know it would be a lot of fun, and it would be great to put a face with a name. :yes:

Angel

Thats a nice find, I have a 1860 to go with it, :wow:To find one is a great thing to have happen, Luck was with you smg

sweet IH , i found one last year 1859 but the only reason i knew it was 1859 was the missing shield on the back since there the only IH that didnt have it great job. wish i could see mine as well as yours :wow:

Back
Top Bottom