• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New to forum

DiamondJim

I'm new to forum and trying to find my way around. Anyway, I have been detecting for 4 years now but just now treasurer hunting. I'm stumped over reactions to my White's DFX while detecting on Ag ground at old homesteads. I know there are coins here but my detector isn't helping as it goes nuts identifing almost all metals as coins showing postive numbers and negative bars and visa versa. Is it chemicals in soil doing this and contaminanting the metals? Can anyone offer assistance. Maybe I just need the experience. I was in Florida and had no problems finding coins on beaches and in parks.

Welcome aboard Diamond Jim... The DFX is an excellent MD... and yours is acting strangely. Unfortunately, I do not know whether it is the MD or conditions where you are searching (i.e. power lines, excessive ground trash like nails et al). Does it work well on test coins in your back yard? Is it only in this one location that you are having trouble? If so, look for something as suggested above that may be causing the problem. If your DFX is acting up even in your yard, it needs service. HH RickO

Welcome Diamond Jim to the forums, from Silverdale WA.

Welcome.gif

Thanks for your welcome and to the others. My detector seems to do okay in my back yard and during times I test with buried coins. I am glad I wasn't heavily criticized for my inquiry but what I feel I need to do is just dig everything even if a lot of items may be nails. I have found interesting things like a rein holder that came from a buggy and stuff like that. I'm having problems at 3 home sites now and seriously thinking I may not be looking in these locations. That is why I wanted some advise as to whether I may be wasting my time or I just need to buckle down more and pay closer attention to what the detector may be telling me. I have detected an area, my brother's farm home yard, that I can not detect at all because of all the buried cables, pipes, etc as you point out. But I've accepted that.

Again, thanks to all for your acceptance of my question and my joining the forum.

Back
Top Bottom