Fisher F75 LTD

volksbeetle28

Thinking about getting the F75 LTD. Currently I have the AT pro that I use with the NEL Storm and snake coils. Usually one or the other. I've only used the standard coil twice. I do like it. A little heavy after 5 or 6 six hours but I plan on keeping that setup for now. In addition I am looking for something with a little faster recovery speed. i want something that I can swing at a normal pace in a trashy iron infested area and not feel like I'm missing good stuff. I'm not too concerned on the stock coil depth since I can always add a bigger coil. I have a fisher coinstrike that had a steep learning curve so that doesn't bother me at all. The soil around here I think is pretty mild.

So.....Would the f75 be a good choice for me? Has anyone with an f75 added a larger coil? Would anyone who has put a larger coil on theirs care to comment on arm fatigue? Thanks in advance.

Thinking about getting the F75 LTD. Currently I have the AT pro that I use with the NEL Storm and snake coils. Usually one or the other. I've only used the standard coil twice. I do like it. A little heavy after 5 or 6 six hours but I plan on keeping that setup for now. In addition I am looking for something with a little faster recovery speed. i want something that I can swing at a normal pace in a trashy iron infested area and not feel like I'm missing good stuff. I'm not too concerned on the stock coil depth since I can always add a bigger coil. I have a fisher coinstrike that had a steep learning curve so that doesn't bother me at all. The soil around here I think is pretty mild.

So.....Would the f75 be a good choice for me? Has anyone with an f75 added a larger coil? Would anyone who has put a larger coil on theirs care to comment on arm fatigue? Thanks in advance.

Stock coil on the f75ltd2 is great, and man its deep..I thought of a bigger coil,, but decided against it for now.Its hard to beat the stock coil on the f75.

First off you didn't say if you plan to buy new or used.

I bring this up because,,,be aware just saying F75LTD can have 2 different meanings or better said 2 different detectors.

There are older original F75 LTD models that have no DST (digital shield technology),, these units are noisy as all get out.

Then there is the newer F75LTD,, that has the DST,,this unit much quieter and using it in urban areas not as challenging on average to use due to noise.

The latter above is not quite as deep (on paper) meaning if you can run the first unit I mention here at full bore it is deeper than the second.

As far as putting bigger coil on either of the units.
It will definitely knock it out of balance.
I tried a 13" coil and didn't like the way the machine handled.

The stock coils 7x11" I think do a great job for their size and shape.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Stock coil on the f75ltd2 is great, and man its deep..I thought of a bigger coil,, but decided against it for now.Its hard to beat the stock coil on the f75.
Good to know, thank you.

First off you didn't say if you plan to buy new or used.

I bring this up because,,,be aware just saying F75LTD can have 2 different meanings or better said 2 different detectors.

There are older original F75 LTD models that have no DST (digital shield technology),, these units are noisy as all get out.

Then there is the newer F75LTD,, that has the DST,,this unit much quieter and using it in urban areas not as challenging on average to use due to noise.

The latter above is not quite as deep (on paper) meaning if you can run the first unit I mention here at full bore it is deeper than the second.

As far as putting bigger coil on either of the units.
It will definitely knock it out of balance.
I tried a 13" coil and didn't like the way the machine handled.

The stock coils 7x11" I think do a great job for their size and shape.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

I do plan on buying new. I did notice some are sold with and without the DST. Are the ones without DST noisier due to EMI?

Good to know, thank you.

I do plan on buying new. I did notice some are sold with and without the DST. Are the ones without DST noisier due to EMI?

Yes on average.

Big difference between my original unit (non DST) and the same unit upgraded with DST.

I don't think Fisher manufacturers any of the non DST units anymore,,there could be some non DST units still on shelves somewhere I guess.

I wished Fisher would have changed model designation entirely to keep these actual models separated. Unfortunately they didn't.

At one time,,some folks were calling them F75Ltd2 units,,I don't think Fisher ever did this though,,just folks who actually owned.

Yes on average.

Big difference between my original unit (non DST) and the same unit upgraded with DST.

I don't think Fisher manufacturers any of the non DST units anymore,,there could be some non DST units still on shelves somewhere I guess.

I wished Fisher would have changed model designation entirely to keep these actual models separated. Unfortunately they didn't.

At one time,,some folks were calling them F75Ltd2 units,,I don't think Fisher ever did this though,,just folks who actually owned.

Thanks again! I think while looking at different sellers, some of them had it listed differently as you described. I think that's where I got a little confused. However when I opened the links up, they were all the same unit. I think I'm going to take the plunge on one, just need to see if I can find a good price on a package.

Thanks again! I think while looking at different sellers, some of them had it listed differently as you described. I think that's where I got a little confused. However when I opened the links up, they were all the same unit. I think I'm going to take the plunge on one, just need to see if I can find a good price on a package.

Good luck
I think you will find a good package cheap.
Btw,,new unit prices dropped a few weeks ago.

Contact some sponsors here they may have one.

F75 ltd

Need any help
on purchase price , give me a call /PM
dennis
thanks

F75ltd

The coils that come with it 11dd & 5 dd are good deep coils, 9-10 inch dimes all day with the little 5dd, you will like it, i still own mine, just couldn't let it go, Earl

My F75 came with a 15in coil. I haven't tried it yet but I would imagine swinging it would get tiring pretty quick. Dang thing looks like a manhole cover. I have found that by changing channels I can get rid of most interference. Or just turn down the sensitivity. It will still go pretty deep even on low sensitivity. Personally I would rather have a smaller coil to go with the stock coil. In heavy trash areas l feel a smaller coil would give better separation. The F75 gives you alot of options on how you want to run it.

Back
Top Bottom