My Automax V4 Pinpointer Modification

OZARKS

Forum Supporter
So I decided to modify my AutoMax V4 Pinpointer today by shortening it.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you do to your pinpointer if you happen to break it.:cool: This is what I did to modify mine:

Edit..my tip was broken (found out when I opened it) but yours will still have the lip that slides into the other half....

After I got my Pro pointer I modified mine from my back-up pin pointer to city dump pin pointer.:lol:

Well, I am not as rich as you, so I make due with whatever I can afford at the time. :grin:

Thats much better.

You also could use the thin inner sleeve section end off the
discarded tube and glue it inside to join both tubes --making it stronger
and no need for the tape.

Sorry Ozarks. I didn't mean to offend you. I modify lots of stuff too and used the Centex pinpointer and then the Automax until I could afford something else. Please forgive me.

Sorry Ozarks. I didn't mean to offend you. I modify lots of stuff too and used the Centex pinpointer and then the Automax until I could afford something else. Please forgive me.

Nah bud, you didn't offend me, hopefully I didn't offend you!!! I'm a jokester...sometimes I can come across as a, well, this is a family forum...:lol:

any copper or other metals in the V4 that I can take that piece of junk and melt down into something worth the $15 I paid for it?? lol I too considered modding mine a long time ago but decided I'd cash in my coins and upgrade.

Cool mod though :D

any copper or other metals in the V4 that I can take that piece of junk and melt down into something worth the $15 I paid for it?? lol I too considered modding mine a long time ago but decided I'd cash in my coins and upgrade.

Cool mod though :D

You paid $15 for yours!!?? :shock: mine was $40-ish on Flea-bay. :mad:

It works, so I didn't break it... Hopefully my gold is around the corner soon and I can join the Garrett PP folks and find the other half of my detector:grin:

It works, so I didn't break it... Hopefully my gold is around the corner soon and I can join the Garrett PP folks and find the other half of my detector:grin:

Buddy,

If you happen to see my gold out there that my Ex did not spend, let me know and I'll share it with you. :lol:

You paid $15 for yours!!?? :shock: mine was $40-ish on Flea-bay. :mad:

It was an 'promo' deal when i bought my detector. I was NOT impressed. It worked great for a couple trips. NOW, I literally can put a quarter on the tip and it won't detect any metal. It's weird, it's crap. lol

It was an 'promo' deal when i bought my detector. I was NOT impressed. It worked great for a couple trips. NOW, I literally can put a quarter on the tip and it won't detect any metal. It's weird, it's crap. lol

You saw I didn't have to touch the item :):D

Must be something wrong with it, mine only did that when the batteries got low. It's no pro-pointer, but I'd much rather have it than dig without one.

Batteries were changed in it, but anyway, it did help when I was learning to pinpoint with my detector. It is quite possible just a faulty unit.

Back
Top Bottom