First time out with the Equinox

Saker

Forum Supporter
The Equinox came in on Wednesday and I have been excited all week to get out with it this weekend for the first time. Although it was 22 degrees and snowing this morning, I did manage to get out for an hour and a half. I went back to the field I found the walking liberty half in last weekend and pulled out a 1952 wheat cent and a 1890 Indian head cent. I also pulled out the various finds seen in the picture. I was using Field 1 and the only change I made was I set recovery to 4, since I knew there wasn't many targets in the field and was going for more depth. The Equinox seems like a great detector!

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 321
Congrats !!!! :thumbsup:

Hey, an 1800's Indian head cent is a great find for any hunt, especially a first hunt !

As much as I enjoy detecting, an hour and a half in 22 degree snowing weather might be somewhat beyond my comfort level :lol:

picture.php

Congrats on getting your first 'Nox hunt in... Not a bad haul. I bought one and its first time out won't be until the temp is at least in the 40s

Last edited:
I just commented on your other post but congrats again on a successful first Equinox hunt. You must be a hearty soul Saker to venture out in weather like we had this morning. lol 40` is about the lowest for me, maybe 37-38 if the sun is shining and the wind is calm. I'm getting soft in my old age. I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Equinox vs. the Deus once you get some time in with it. Stay warm, Mark

Congrats on your first Equinox run. I'm right with ya, my 800 is scheduled for delivery this Wednesday and we're light snow in the 20s here in Wisconsin. Been keeping an eye on a patch of grass in my yard that get's a lot of sun and is clear of snow for my maiden voyage. I'll have to wait for a couple of months for a real test, however.

Back
Top Bottom