Sapphire Ring Found at State Beach

treasurekid

Ok folks, this is my first big find at a state beach in Rhode Island using my White's Beach Hunter ID which I was considering selling. Take a look at the pictures. It is an old ring with a beautiful dark blue Sapphire in the middle with 2 more Sapphire's on each side of the large stone and 4 diamond chips surrounding the Sapphire.

http://members.cox.net/bogo/ring-beach-1.jpg

The worth of the ring is yet to be known. I am figuring it to me worth between $500 and $1200 because of the size and clarity of the Sapphire.

Thank you!

I was amazed when I saw the gold. The lights where flashing between yellow and green which told me I had something, coins or ring. As I dug down approx. 6", up comes the ring. I didn't even scoop it. The ring came to the top as I pushed the sand away from the hole. This is my first gold find with the White's Beach Hunter ID. I figure the ring already paid for the detector at this point.

Ok folks, this is my first big find at a state beach in Rhode Island using my White's Beach Hunter ID which I was considering selling. Take a look at the pictures. It is an old ring with a beautiful dark blue Sapphire in the middle with 2 more Sapphire's on each side of the large stone and 4 diamond chips surrounding the Sapphire.

http://members.cox.net/bogo/ring-beach-1.jpg

The worth of the ring is yet to be known. I am figuring it to me worth between $500 and $1200 because of the size and clarity of the Sapphire.

Have you taken it to a gemologist? Looking at the picture of the ring the reflection off the stones make them look more like Mystic Topaz. Rick

Nice find TK... But I agree with Rick the stones have a funky sheen unless its just your picture taking :D I've found a few sapphires and they don't look like that ;) I didn't know you had a water machine.. you're a sly one :D

Ri Beaches

Nice find. I can wait to find a ring!! What beaches do you suggest? I am headed out this weekend?

Nice ring!!

Really great find!! They could indeed be sapphires. I'm no expert, but when purchasing a sapphire ring for my now ex-wife, we looked at several color stones, some even lighter than the one in your ring. The lighter the sapphire, the greater the value. Nice job!!

Nice! I still use an old White's Amphibian II. Would like to try the Beachunter ID. I'll bet that's the Cadillac!

Beautiful ring! Hard to say from the pic if it is a sapphire or not. The only way to find out would be to take it in.

Back
Top Bottom