Southern California

gold fever pete

I Joined this site mainly because I love to detect. I live in Southern California. Just wondering how many of you folks are from here. I mainly do beach hunts as I love the ocean. So much to find, so many detectorists, and just remember no one gets it all... Gotta love that. HH GFP

Oh....the sweet irony of it all....I lived most of my life in so cal, grew up in Gardena, lived in Tustin, Anaheim, Redondo Beach, Lennox, Torrance, even spent some time in nor cal in Redding, yet all of those years with no knowledge of metal detecting. I did not discover MD until I was about 57. In my youth I spent many many weekends on the beach in Hermosa, Redondo, Manhatten, and never once back in those days, did I ever notice anyone with a metal detector. I wonder how many treasures found today were lost back in those days when I was body surfing the beaches out there....I'm back east a ways in Indiana now wondering just how the heck did I get here...:?:

HDD

gold fever pete: Welcome from Salinas, CA. The rules for fellow CA hunters are quite simple here: You send me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal) . :cool:

Dont believe them - -

You can go home again !

Maybe not too late to recapture those days on the beach with a detector now :) Steve in so la

No one hunts in So Cal.. Basically because it's a waste of time. Especially when you see rocks, clay, cuts, scallops, low tides, and most of all, king tides... Don't bother.... Unless you wanna hunt parks... THATS where its at!

Welcome from San Diego

No one hunts in So Cal.. Basically because it's a waste of time. Especially when you see rocks, clay, cuts, scallops, low tides, and most of all, king tides... Don't bother.... Unless you wanna hunt parks... THATS where its at!

Welcome from San Diego

Welcome from Huntington Beach Hhahahaah But Yeah What Low Tide (Kevin) Said hahahahah :D

Welcome to the forums from Hawaii. Don’t bother hunting beaches in So Cal. Wave action and currents pushed all those drops far to the west. I’m now busy cleaning up after all those careless Californians.

Back
Top Bottom