Photobucket No Longer Allowing Free 3rd Party Hosting

Null Detector

Yes, you can no longer embed your photos via a link. I mean, for free that is.

From now on if you want to embed a photo in a post via Photobucket, they charge the low low price of only $399.99 A YEAR!

What a bargain!

Thank god it wasn't $400, since that would have been WAY too much!

I'm going to see how things are over at flickr...

Really?
20170624_112640_zpsid6khxfu.jpg

That is due to having too many 3rd party hits. They do have a max on that. Not sure what it is as i don't ever hit it.

BCD

Yep.

I will download anything I have stored there and discontinue my usage of Photobucket. With this unannounced change it's no longer useful to me.

Ive never owned or ran a forum. A few I visit have enough space that photos can be loaded directly to their site. I wander what that kind of storage costs? It might be likely that forums will have to start charging a little bit or make a change. I know this is the only reason I use photobucket. I am guessing I am not the only one. This might bite them in the butt and cause them to change their minds. I can't imagine many people will be forking out $400 just to be able to post a few pics a year into a forum....

You can post photos direct from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone here at FMDF w/o using a 3rd party hosting site.

Photobucket will fail soon because of this. I guess I am at my limit too as I can not see any photos that are linked to it. So how do we do it now from the computer?

Yeah, I just discovered this garbage. Trying to look up posted instructions for auto repair and none of the images will load any longer which make the repair threads completely useless.

Back
Top Bottom