Benjamin Franklin Hotel 1925

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I found this the other day at an old home site.
I did a little more research on the key fob and at the very bottom on the reverse side, below Philadelphia in small letters is the manufactures name. Whitehead & Hoag. Benjamin S Whitehead 1858-1940 started the company and manufactured buttons among other things. Pretty interesting. Have you see the movie with Brad Pitt named "The curious case of Benjamin Buttons" Just a thought. Anyway if you google the company it has an interesting read. Love this hobby because you never know what you will find, Jim

Attachments

• IMG_E2563.jpg
    IMG_E2563.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_E2564.jpg
    IMG_E2564.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 506
Cool artifact!

Out of curiousity, I looked up the Benjamin Franklin Hotel of Philadelphia, PA.
There is an interesting Wikipedia bit about the hotel's history. The building still stands but has been converted from a hotel into an appartment building. The structure is on the National Register of Historic Places...

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Franklin_House

I agree with you, there is always a surprise and a story waiting for us to find with our metal detectors. In some ways, finding out that story is my favorite part of the adventure.

Happy hunting,
--Bert

I have to admit the internet is invaluable when it comes to our ability to find information on something as simple as a key fob. Could you imagine the hours of research we would have to spend at the library to look up this type of information. There is a positive side to the internet after all. Jim

Room 3080

Cool artifact!

Out of curiousity, I looked up the Benjamin Franklin Hotel of Philadelphia, PA.
There is an interesting Wikipedia bit about the hotel's history. The building still stands but has been converted from a hotel into an appartment building. The structure is on the National Register of Historic Places...

See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Franklin_House

I agree with you, there is always a surprise and a story waiting for us to find with our metal detectors. In some ways, finding out that story is my favorite part of the adventure.

Happy hunting,
--Bert
Now if we can just find the list of names that occupied room 3080 :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom