Rock beach revealed!

metaladdict

Elite Member
Heres the haul from tonight...just clad and a 1987 Bahama nickel upper right.
I am not going here anymore so I will say that it is Bolinas beach (Across from Stinson)
Happy hunting !

Attachments

• 20190119_204414.jpg
    20190119_204414.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 510
Well, to be in solidarity with a fellow pirate, I am not going to go there either! :lol:

Metaladdict

Hello METALADDICT BUDWISER HERE GREAT POST YOU HAD, I HAVE A QUESTION MAYBE YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME, I HAVE A NEWLY PURCHASED GARRETT ACE 250 AND A GARRETT AT PRO AND I READ A POST ON A ANOTHER FORUM THAT NEITHER OF THESE MACHINES WILL WORK IN THE WET SALT OCEAN OR BLACK SAND BEACHES OF THE ATLANTIC OR PACIFIC OCEANS. BUT AGAIN I ALSO READ THEY CAN WORK IF YOU LOWER THE SENSITIVITY WAY DOWN BUT YOU GET NO REAL DEPTH. WHAT YOU TAKE ON THIS SUBJECT ? THANK YOU.

Hello METALADDICT BUDWISER HERE GREAT POST YOU HAD, I HAVE A QUESTION MAYBE YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME, I HAVE A NEWLY PURCHASED GARRETT ACE 250 AND A GARRETT AT PRO AND I READ A POST ON A ANOTHER FORUM THAT NEITHER OF THESE MACHINES WILL WORK IN THE WET SALT OCEAN OR BLACK SAND BEACHES OF THE ATLANTIC OR PACIFIC OCEANS. BUT AGAIN I ALSO READ THEY CAN WORK IF YOU LOWER THE SENSITIVITY WAY DOWN BUT YOU GET NO REAL DEPTH. WHAT YOU TAKE ON THIS SUBJECT ? THANK YOU.

I'm not Metal-addict, but .... I'll take a crack at part of your question:

The Ace 250 is a LOUSY wet-salt-beach machine. I was md'ing at a white sand (hence not much minerals) beach with a fellow using one of those. We were out on the wet. And I was spanking him 3x to 1x with my Exp. II. He asked me to flag a deepie for him to test on. A short while later, I waved him over to try one. He COULDN'T EVEN HEAR IT. Despite fiddling with several controls, and re-scanning. A slight "blip", at best now and then.

So that is not well suited for wet salt. As for the AT pro, I dunno, I've never used one, nor hunted along-side of one.

Budwiser here thank you tom ca for your reply. I am invited to go 2-weeks metal detecting in ft. Pierce, fl. For the 1715 shipwreck coins with 2 fellow maryland freestate treasure club members and wanted see if the ace-250 or at-pro would work in the wet black sand instead of me having to bring my minelab ctx-3030 as it does get heavy after swing it for hours on end. Again thank you for your reply and support.

Budwiser here thank you tom ca for your reply. I am invited to go 2-weeks metal detecting in ft. Pierce, fl. For the 1715 shipwreck coins with 2 fellow maryland freestate treasure club members and wanted see if the ace-250 or at-pro would work in the wet black sand instead of me having to bring my minelab ctx-3030 as it does get heavy after swing it for hours on end. Again thank you for your reply and support.
:yes:

Attachments

• image028.jpg
    image028.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 166
Man looks like an nice beach. It’s 3 hours (without traffic) for me, so not likely, ever pull any old silver of gold from there? One of these days when my kids are grown I’ll have more time for trips like that, hopefully....

Back
Top Bottom