Is there a metal detecting app for smart phones?

RollTide

Is there an app for metal detecting that could store the gps of a particular location and log finds and stuff like that?

iphone metal detecting app.

I have found this app to be the best. Metal Detecting Organizer, For iphone, and ipad.
Category - Productivity

Here is my wish list for a metal detecting app.

1. Must be able to add finds to a database that can included both notes and pics.

2. Should be able to see reports from site to site.

3. gps tracking on site so you can map where you have detected.

4. Be able to catalog your detector arsenal.

But you should know that accuracy of phone's GPS is very low, it is about 5-30 meters! With some phone apps you can save the accuracy for each position and look at it...

Phone App

Any updates on the phone app you all have been using? I've been using the Minelab finds app but keeps crashing. I also store the findpoint in the CTX 3030. Who has been using Metal Detecting Organizer? Do you still like it? I see in the reviews that it does not accurately store the GPS location. Any feedback would be much appreciated, thank you :)

Found a cool free app

I know its been a while since this post was made but came across a free app today and its quite good. Its called
Find Plotter Free http://bit.ly/N7ARSh
and it is in the Apple App store

Find Plotter

Hello,

Im using Find Plotter Free

Its a really great app for saving your finds.

Re: App for smart phone

I use an android smart phone and I tried the free app called "Footprints" for my metal detecting and it seems to work nicely with logging my finds and allows to take snapshots and description to recall where, the category,and what I found. I will also check out "findplotter free" as suggested. I know the original thread was posted awhile ago, but more apps are coming out all the time.

Any updates on the phone app you all have been using? I've been using the Minelab finds app but keeps crashing. I also store the findpoint in the CTX 3030. Who has been using Metal Detecting Organizer? Do you still like it? I see in the reviews that it does not accurately store the GPS location. Any feedback would be much appreciated, thank you :)

Hi mama2twins :) I am also using the minelab app, but keeps crashing
When trying to look at my photo finds, did you find any solution for the app crashing? Nikolas

I found an app that I got a chuckle out of,,, free even,, it's iPhone 4s metal detector,, use ur phone as a metal detector. Lol

I just started using Evernote on my iPhone. Its free, you can add photos or videos, it logs GPS location, and you can tag the notes. I like it because it syncs with my computer and I from there I can map my finds, print out my notes, etc. pretty handy.

Back
Top Bottom