Spinal Cord Stimulator?????

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
Anyone have one? I'm 37yo and have lower back issues. Had many epidural injections that have ceased to work anymore. Surgeons say surgery is not an option due to my age and number of degenerative discs. I've heard good and bad about this procedure. Getting my trail installed in August.:?:

If your talking about the one with the pads yes they do, I used one and it was great except when you start moving around, sitting down and getting up and the pad come off. They do have one now with a velcro belt that helps keep the pads in place, that's what I would go with if you get one. Pretty inexpensive now days too..Back when I had one they were something like 500 dollars, probably 100 or less today.

I think you're referring to a TENS unit. I have one of those that provides a little relief. The stimulator is implanted under the skin and leads placed directly into the spinal column. It is controlled by a remote control. I think my insurance will end up paying about $25k.

I think you're referring to a TENS unit. I have one of those that provides a little relief. The stimulator is implanted under the skin and leads placed directly into the spinal column. It is controlled by a remote control. I think my insurance will end up paying about $25k.

Been to a class on them. Not sure if i'll wind up with one before I go in a wheelchair? I know they say you have to cut it off to drive. Right now I use all sorts of meds, injections, tens unit, etc. Back started killing me yesterday. Two options I have is the one you describe or a morphine pump.
Jerry Lewis as far as I know still has one. Talked to a couple guys in the clinic waiting room that got me scared. One developed a leak of spinal flood. He said his headache lasted a month and he was in so much pain from the headache he was hoping to die. Sometimes you don't have a choice though. When the needles in my back quit working I have to make the choice. Been seen by one of the best back surgeons in the country. he said he would likely parylize me trying to do surgery. And he said if I ever wanted back surgery I'd need to find someone else:shock:
I know they have a trial period for you to go through before they implant it. They run it exposed. No idea if it will freak a detector out while it's on?

Pretty inexpensive now days too..Back when I had one they were something like 500 dollars, probably 100 or less today.

Battery damaged mine. called the company and they wanted $850:shock: Took it apart and fixed it luckily.

Been to a class on them. Not sure if i'll wind up with one before I go in a wheelchair? I know they say you have to cut it off to drive. Right now I use all sorts of meds, injections, tens unit, etc. Back started killing me yesterday. Two options I have is the one you describe or a morphine pump.
Jerry Lewis as far as I know still has one. Talked to a couple guys in the clinic waiting room that got me scared. One developed a leak of spinal flood. He said his headache lasted a month and he was in so much pain from the headache he was hoping to die. Sometimes you don't have a choice though. When the needles in my back quit working I have to make the choice. Been seen by one of the best back surgeons in the country. he said he would likely parylize me trying to do surgery. And he said if I ever wanted back surgery I'd need to find someone else:shock:
I know they have a trial period for you to go through before they implant it. They run it exposed. No idea if it will freak a detector out while it's on?

My trial is set to go in on a Thursday and come out on Monday. I'll let you know if it affects detector(or vice versa):no:

Spinal Cord Stimulator

Hi.... I was just checking on here to see if anyone Metal Detects that has a Spinal Cord Stimulator, and your old post popped up. I have had 2 spinal fusions from the T2 all the way down , attached to my pelvis. Last one was in 2017, a 7 hour surgery. Then finally had to have an internal spinal cord stim 2 months ago. The lech that turns on the stim just said to call her if anything went wrong. I didn't know that I needed to keep going to the pain doc and the tech would come back to make adjustments.
Anyway.... I had some adjustments made to correlate to my exact pain areas, and found that encouragement that they could work with me to try to get my pain in some kind of control. Any kind of pain management would be nice.
But my question for you..... is if you have to turn your stimulator down, or off, or make any adjustments while you are MD'ing at all?
I would appreciate any advice you could give!
GiGi in Kansas

Back
Top Bottom