Nokta Impact?

CarsonChris

Elite Member
I’m looking for a 2nd MD. Found someone selling a “new” in the box Nokta Impact asking $600.

Is this a good deal? Is it a good detector?

My opinion......It is a deal compared to buying a new one from a dealer, but the detectors from that company depreciate very quickly because they release new models quite often. Compared to the Kruzer and now Anfibio the Impact is quite heavy. It is not waterproof. And being that the other two can share coils the Impact in my opinion is the odd man out. Also add in the fact that a true multi frequency model is coming EVENTUALLY that means quicker depreciation.

A fair price for sure. Bargain you can't ignore? A matter of opinion.

It is a good detector. You can see quite a few users and reviews on Youtube to see it in action. The Hoover Boys did a review after a real two day hunt. Darrel Hello World used an Impact for a long time and now is using the Anfibio which he was a tester for Nokta.
I have the White's V3i and M6 as well as the Impact. The Impact is a pretty versatile machine with lots of customization available. With the 3 frequency choices it might be good for your area due to the mineralization. It is easy to use and has become my go to detector for really trashy sites. It is fast in the trash!

At $600 for the Pro package it is a pretty good deal. It has the recharging station with batteries as well as a car charger. The carry case is compliant as a carry-on for airline travel. The sniper coil is a good perk.

It is actually a very good detector and the small coil is pretty deep when hitting good targets. One advantage this detector has over other machines is the ability to change detector modes without ground balancing. There are 12 different modes that you can navigate too to verify a target including a true all metal modes.

My opinion......It is a deal compared to buying a new one from a dealer, but the detectors from that company depreciate very quickly because they release new models quite often. Compared to the Kruzer and now Anfibio the Impact is quite heavy. It is not waterproof. And being that the other two can share coils the Impact in my opinion is the odd man out. Also add in the fact that a true multi frequency model is coming EVENTUALLY that means quicker depreciation.

A fair price for sure. Bargain you can't ignore? A matter of opinion.

I wonder if they can make a multi freq detector, What are they waiting for?

Hi,
Nokta Impact is a great detector. It is pretty heavy though. If this is a private sale for $600,
i'd say that is a bit high. $500 for the Pro package seems about right. If it is $600 from a dealer, ask for either a return period or for a little off the price.

Back
Top Bottom