Am I lazy?

Nick93023

Forum Supporter
I have been thinking about buying a drone to assist with metal detecting. I know some of the beaches I have been to are a long walk to the wet sand and I have thought about saving time when looking for erosion. It would be nice to park and send a drone up to overlook the projected hunt site. Some of these nicer drones have first person view in high definition. I could see this saving some time. I hate walking 300 or 400 yards to a beach to find that it is no good. Obviously there may be some sand movement without a visible cut so there could be some drawbacks but I am thinking it would be somewhat beneficial.

Nick

Hell yeah. Embrace modern tech and use it to your advantage.

Yes, your'e lazy, but it sounds like a good idea. It could come in handy deciding which direction to work as well.

I know of two cases where the owners found out that their expensive drones did not float. Unusual wind and currents are not very kind. Maybe the physical exercise of scouting would be a little better answer and the funds that the drone would cost could be spent on an upgrade beach machine.:roll:

Work smarter not harder [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Google Earth give you Live feed data?

he is looking at how is the beach at here and now I believe?

I love the idea

No live feed on Google Earth, my apologies, I'm not a beach hunter so overlook my ignorance please😊

I know of a diver in Delaware who uses a drone and does ok..it is a tool and like all things will help sometimes. I have a seadoo electric scooter I've used. Been about 2 years now, I'll take it to spots that I feel have deeper targets and blow out the sand. Some places it works, others a waste of time. Yet to pay for itself, think it's got me 5 small gold rings. Paid around 300 for it..but the day is coming. I hope.

thats a great idea would need to get a high end drone thats has at least 30 min flight time like a phantom they are a good drone only $1500.00:D

Well I went ahead and bough a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom!

Snapchat-1289594654_zpsrzspw9vo.jpg

I would call that resourceful!

Thanks, I am going to give it a shot

Hell yeah. Embrace modern tech and use it to your advantage.

Thanks, I will let you all know how it goes!

I would use Google earth for free
Google earth is not real time!

Yes, your'e lazy, but it sounds like a good idea. It could come in handy deciding which direction to work as well.

I agree. I see videos on Facebook from civilians and news agencies posting about the big surf and you can see cuts and all that in the drone videos. I think it will help.

I know of two cases where the owners found out that their expensive drones did not float. Unusual wind and currents are not very kind. Maybe the physical exercise of scouting would be a little better answer and the funds that the drone would cost could be spent on an upgrade beach machine.:roll:

If I crash land in the water and find my own drown with the detector does it count as a bucket lister?

Your not lazy. Sounds smart.
I agree!

Work smarter not harder [emoji1360]

I am trying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like smart planning to me.

Should be a great tool.

Wouldn't call that lazy.
Next, cheapest, best thing would be a pair of binoculars as mentioned by someone on this forum.

Binoculars will not see over the berms and dunes!

I know of a diver in Delaware who uses a drone and does ok..it is a tool and like all things will help sometimes. I have a seadoo electric scooter I've used. Been about 2 years now, I'll take it to spots that I feel have deeper targets and blow out the sand. Some places it works, others a waste of time. Yet to pay for itself, think it's got me 5 small gold rings. Paid around 300 for it..but the day is coming. I hope.

I bought one, it will be a nice tool for sure saving me time in the long run and time is money!

thats a great idea would need to get a high end drone thats has at least 30 min flight time like a phantom they are a good drone only $1500.00:D

I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom, pretty close to $1,500!

yes awesome drone as well whats your flight time b4 battery gets low?

31 minute flight time! I have flown plenty of hobby grade quadcopters (drones) so I was able to take it out of the box and fly it without a problem. It is actually easier to fly than any I have flown.

I will say though that it is new to me to fly it out of sight through the camera. I will have to get used to that. It does have a "return to home" button that will bring it back and land it at the gps location it took off from if I press the button or if it loses communication with the remote.

31 minute flight time! I have flown plenty of hobby grade quadcopters (drones) so I was able to take it out of the box and fly it without a problem. It is actually easier to fly than any I have flown.

I will say though that it is new to me to fly it out of sight through the camera. I will have to get used to that. It does have a "return to home" button that will bring it back and land it at the gps location it took off from if I press the button or if it loses communication with the remote.
right i would be leary of it flying out of sight too thats alot of cabbage to lose in 1 flight good luck with it i have a cheap promark gps drone $200 drone my wife got me for my birthday fun to fly though 1day i may get a better drone if i stop buying detectors :roll:

Very nice, I use mine alot for detecting and scouting areas. Now if I can just figure out how much battery I need to mount a search coil to it i could do test passes for targets..[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom