First beach gold and new year gold

aviationgale

Elite Member
Decided I needed a little break, so headed to Myrtle Beach for a few days. I never have any luck there, but I just needed to swing the coil anyway. Upon arrival the hotel clerk informs me that they have put sand back on the beach, and of course I'm cussing like a sailor under my breath, thinking oh great that really seals the deal on finding anything. Well I go out under one of the piers find a few coins and the silver and cz earring. Well hey that's okay by me, better than what I usually find. So after the next day my husband tells me to go to an out of the way place, so I "humor" him by going. Well I'm glad I did as the small silver cross pendant and the gold necklace show up. This was all found at the top of the beach with was less likely to have been bother by the sand they were moving in. It was a fun few days. And I got the gold off my back for the year LOL, well I do hope I find some more....Oh there was a junkie pendant attached to the necklace so I am sure that is what I was picking up on the detector.

Attachments

• 100_6088.jpg
    100_6088.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_6093.jpg
    100_6093.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_6086.jpg
    100_6086.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 925 earring from beach.jpg
    925 earring from beach.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 169
WOW Gale sounds like you had a Productive mini vacation and Huge Congrats on your find and getting the first gold of the year off your back !!

p.s See, sometimes a good husband WILL have a good idea or 2

WOW Gale sounds like you had a Productive mini vacation and Huge Congrats on your find and getting the first gold of the year off your back !!

p.s See, sometimes a good husband WILL have a good idea or 2

Yes he has a good idea from time to time, lol . But sometimes I just think he doesn't get this hobby and wants me to MD places that are just to far off the grid. But he did good on this one.

Yes he has a good idea from time to time, lol . But sometimes I just think he doesn't get this hobby and wants me to MD places that are just to far off the grid. But he did good on this one.

Well I think sometimes people who don't detect get embarrassed by it.. I know when I first started I was sort of embarrassed to be seen doing it .. next time out.. not so much and now I just ignore people around me pretty much or are just oblivious to them.

Very nice finds! Gale, have you ever traveled down to Tybee island in ga ? I've been thinking of making the trip, just curious.

No I have not, but I'd love to try another beach sometime. I'm definately not a great beach hunter, I try but I'm more of a dirt lovin' gal. Just love the ocean as long as I'm on land LOL.!

Well I think sometimes people who don't detect get embarrassed by it.. I know when I first started I was sort of embarrassed to be seen doing it .. next time out.. not so much and now I just ignore people around me pretty much or are just oblivious to them.

I don't care about people being around as long as they don't talk too much, they are chewing up my time to detect. I just try not to make eye contact, lol.

A very enjoyable vacation Gale. Congrats on the Gold Necklace and all the rest. I hunted Myrtle Beach several years back and only found a little clad on the beach. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom