• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

#19 on the year! :) I'm back.

SalemScott

Forum Supporter
Howdy y'all, long time...no see. After a little streak of no gold earlier in the year and the arrival of squid/fish to my area my 'obsession' turned from detecting to fishing. Well the squid ain't biting and the striper fishing has been dismal so I thought I'd head to the beach and try my luck. I ended the spring with 18 golds with a goal of 52 for the year.:shock: I have some making up to do to say the least but I started with a very tiny bang.

Last weekend was the beginning and I tried for a couple hours, pulling my first ever tungsten ring. Back to the same beach today and after a couple hours of digging nothing but light aluminum on the slope I saw RogerB. He mentioned he's been having luck at the bottom of the slope where it flattens out and it just so happened this area was now becoming available. Soon after starting I get a nice low tone and sure as sugar, a tiny unmarked gold ring. I wasn't positive until I got home but after testing it's either 14k or 18k. The 14k solution doesn't dissolve it (but smokes profusely) and the 18k solution barely touches it. The 22k solution dissolves it easily. I then proceeded to hit many quarters as well as 3 silver rings and a silver bracelet. The ring with the lizard on it is HUGE. What a great day and a very motivational one at that. I'll need it...I still need another 33 gold rings to hit my goal for the year!:roll: That's a gold every 3 or 4 days. It will be an interesting fall and winter.

BTW, I'm not worried about the great whites down on the cape...we have killer whales to deal with up here on the north shore.

Today's soundtrack we'll go with something a little mellow....Jack Johnson, Flake.

14%2B-%2B1

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

Way to go! Rings look like they are made of sand. killer Whale looks like if a killer whale and Unicorn had a love child:laughing:

Good looking hunt Scott... I saw that picture and thought it was a penguin :lol:

Good looking hunt Scott... I saw that picture and thought it was a penguin :lol:

After putting the whale up there the guy flew a kite that was just a pair of girls legs in garters.:shock: This being a family friendly forum I didn't even dare take a picture, let alone post it.:p

Damn Scott I was about to file a Missing Persons report!!

Congrats on the gold!!

Let's get out for a woods hunt too, I am it inching for some colonial.

Damn Scott I was about to file a Missing Persons report!!

Congrats on the gold!!

Let's get out for a woods hunt too, I am it inching for some colonial.

Hi Ryan, I think about you every time I drive across the Tobin.:grin: I've been neglecting my detecting duties as of late but I'll make up for it soon enough. I'm down for some colonial action anytime, I still have to cross off my bucket list a day that I find a large cent and a gold ring in the same 24 hour period. I always figured getting the large cent first would be my best bet at reaching that goal. I'll give you a call this week some time. Good to hear from you.

Nice to see your back in the game again with gold and silver!

Congrats!!

That silver looks wild with that crust...

I think 52 can be done if the sand allows...

<*)))>{

Amazing what your regions water/sand chemistry does to silver. Surf around here just eats silver into oxidized nastyness.

Hey Scott, long time no see, great hunt!
I heard that you sold all your machines, and became a yoga instructor, :shock: I'm glad that you didn't.
We've got to get together soon and do some detecting.
I'd like to see that lizard ring once you clean it up.
I'll talk to you later,
Flapjack

Hey Scott, long time no see, great hunt!
I heard that you sold all your machines, and became a yoga instructor, :shock: I'm glad that you didn't.
We've got to get together soon and do some detecting.
I'd like to see that lizard ring once you clean it up.
I'll talk to you later,
Flapjack

LOL, you must have REALLY wanted to use that yoga line if your actually posting on the forum.:D I'll be back out there after work during the next few days, dependent on what time my slave masters let me leave the ink mine. I'll text you a filthy pic or limmerick later today. Toodaloo.

hooray for Scotty!! glad to see you back hunting the gold buddy! you were MIA for way too long my friend. congrats on another gold ticket, and i also would love to see that lizard ring cleaned up.

gimme a call man! i would love to talk with ya a bit.

Back
Top Bottom