Your MD "Want To Find" list

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
I polished up some rings tonight and thought about all the things I have never found but wish...Lots of you have found some awesome stuff and the old timers possibly a few times over. What finds are still left from your list? It is easier for me since I am only a year into the hobby. Here are my dreams listed by importance.

1. Gold ring with STONES. Not little chips, I mean half a carat or more diamonds or sapphires. Heck, I will take a quarter carat! :laughing:

2. A nice gold chain! I have silver chains, ankle bracelets and wrist bracelets but no gold. It is not asking a lot, just a fat chain about 100 grams or so. Heck I am not picky.

3. Platinum jewelry would be nice! No platinum or palladium but imalookin. :p

4. Some old stuff! What I mean is the old silver and gold coins they find up in the NE or any really old jewelry. My oldest coin is a 1900 V nickel found on wet sand. I think it was someones lucky coin, a fresh drop. It did not belong on that beach. Stay tuned, I have a dirt hunt soon that might be a nice payoff. Bottles, coins and who knows! :cool:

5. A real Spanish silver coin or any old Spanish drop. I have a couple beaches that could deliver if there was erosion. I did find a musket or pistol ball that came from the dunes and some musket shot. There is a lot of old history all around that place. :yes:

6. A pair of matching gold earrings. I have never found any pair of earrings but I circle around the area hoping to find the match. A pair is really hard to find much less gold.

7. A funny and cute lady who comes up to me and truly wants to try my MD and is single. If she can handle my scoop then maybe she is a keeper. :snapoutofit:

SO, what is your bucket list?

everything on your list and then some....:lol::lol::lol:....GL with yours, i really want a ROLEX, I heard someone on this forum found one:laughing::laughing: a spanish silver, a friend of mine found one walking the beach at one of the islands close to me, that lucky dog didnt even have a detector:mad::mad:...TTYS.....cliff.

BTW watch for my post tomorrow of my hunt sat nite:yes::yes::yes:

A Spanish real for sure. I a hunting a beach here in Mexico at first light, just sitting here on the balcony, listening the the waves is driving me crazy. Not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight.

Two Rolex's in one hole:laughing: A wrist spill if you will:lol:
A gold piece of eight from the Atocha in a bezel still attached to the gold chain someone wore to the beach and dropped.
A gold grill.Just to say i found one.I'll probably be one of the unlucky ones to find one of those partials,and have to stare at a tooth soldered to some silver instead:lol:
A platinum that isn't one of those beer caps.
Another person come up to me and tell me they picked up a gold chain in a hole with their hand sifting for sanddollars so i know we got a chance to find some gold instead of all this sanded in nonsense.
A lawyer to tell me they don't need any more money.And can handle it from here on out.
Sorry,had to throw that last one in.A Lawyer reminds me of that boat and hole in the water joke:lol:

Just one thing. Always been the same thing. Before I pass on to that great metal detector site up above, I would like to hit a Morgan Silver Dollar.:yes: In Kansas, it is a tough coin to hit. I know of only two ever being hit in my area.

Just one thing. Always been the same thing. Before I pass on to that great metal detector site up above, I would like to hit a Morgan Silver Dollar.:yes: In Kansas, it is a tough coin to hit. I know of only two ever being hit in my area.

I'm with you Patton. Two of the guys I hunt with have both found Morgans in the last few months. There's gotta be a few more out there!

I'm with you Patton. Two of the guys I hunt with have both found Morgans in the last few months. There's gotta be a few more out there!

Well, that gives me hope Charlie!
Was talking to a guy the other day and he says he remembers when his dad would pass out Morgans to neighbors kids on Halloween!:shock:
Morgans! Mama Mia!

U.S. gold coin

Spanish silver reale and gold escudo

Big fat diamond ring

Big fat gold Mr. T necklace

That's my wish list...

well a morgan would be mine tho thats what is a possiblity..gold coin..well would be awesome but dont see that happening around here.

Ive had a lot of good luck, but id sure like a gold coin or reale, that Rolex... oh yes thats on my list. Gold chains..... man i see those big ones people have found and i am so envious. Id love to find one that wont quit fit on my scale... bathroom scale that is :lol:. I dont want to be to greedy.... but a year like Chicago Ron would be real nice.

Dew

1. Join the gold coin club
2. Platinum ring
3. Gold chain
4. Beautiful woman's gold ring with diamonds for my wife
5. Any silver coin at this point
6. Rolex watch
7. Opal ring

Funny what people want to find. Grills? I have found 3 so far and all from the same locals beach here in Tampa (Ben T Davis). I like them for the scrap value and knowing my wife won't claim them.

I have found ship wreck silver, Spanish silver 1776, Old silver, oldest US coin 1819 - hundreds of War 1812 -Silver war relics (check out my album)

But I would like a gold coin!!

& a ROLEX !

simple. I want to get into the 1600's club and find each of ...the tree schillings

Ok I'm going to put up my short list as my 100th post so maybe the MD gods will shine down on me :sos: LOL.

1. Gold coin
2. Reale
3. Seated half

everything on your list and then some....:lol::lol::lol:....GL with yours, i really want a ROLEX, I heard someone on this forum found one:laughing::laughing: a spanish silver, a friend of mine found one walking the beach at one of the islands close to me, that lucky dog didnt even have a detector:mad::mad:...TTYS.....cliff.

BTW watch for my post tomorrow of my hunt sat nite:yes::yes::yes:

So far i have seen 3 tree shillings and 5 tree pennies....i want to find one of them...i know ill probably buy one but i have bought wheaties and buffs and silver coins before but finding one is always better.

I'd love to find a roman spill or stash..when they used to bury their stash before going into towns...doesnt have to be a horde but enough to give you a real personal slice of a time in history...that would be my list

Back
Top Bottom