New in Green Bay

packmann66

I recieved my first detector from my in-laws for Christmas and I can't wait for spring! We had a warm spell recently and the ground thawed enough for a few days to tear up my yard pretty good and hit the beach for a day. Found a bunch of change, part of a lawnmower muffler, and a 3x3 sheet of tin in my yard. I did find 3 wheaties so that got the kids all worked up. Also found a 1942 mercury dime in my neighbors yard, so off to a good start.

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the Forum even though you are from Green BAy lol.... Go Bears....!!!!!

cheers

Tony....my detector is a Bounty Hunter Land Star.....I left a part of my story out, so here's the rest. When I found that mercury dime in my neighbors yard, they got excited and took it to get it appraised and they wanted a cut (50%). I laughed a little and said ok. I figured maybe a buck, they figured over $300 after some internet exploring.I said whatever it's worth, I'll give you half to keep it since it was my first decent find, sentimentally of course. Turns out I owe him $.40. He told me to keep it and I thanked him for polishing it. :lol:

Congrats!!!! Welcome to the Forum even though you are from Green BAy lol.... Go Bears....!!!!!

First off, welcome abaord!! And I agree, go Bears - because I want my Patriots to get some revenge on the Bears in the Superbowl. A little payback for 1985!!

Congrats on your new detector, and some good first finds. Wheats and a Merc in your first hunt are pretty good! And don't polish those silver coins. If your Merc had been a rare year, you would have pretty much destroyed any value it had by cleaning it. Collectors DO NOT want coins that have been cleaned. That said, if you like it polished, and your keeping it for your collection, then polish away! Just check the year for rarity before doing it, lol!!

Good luck, happy hunting, and don't forget to post pics of your treasures!!

Welcome aboard Packman! Congrats on finding your first merc so early on. I spent a lot of time in Green Bay when I was younger. My cousins lived on what I believe was Royal Blvd?. There was a fairly good size park down the road that had a swimming pool from what I remember. I always thought if I ever got over that way again I would defiantly hit it. Again welcome and keep us posted on your finds.

Hey Packman, I seem to remember now that was Mathers Park. I think it has been there quite awhile and would probably have some goodies. I don't have any relatives that live in Green Bay anymore but do have an uncle in Casco. His house is from the early 1800's and would like to make it out there this summer to visit and see what I find. I will look you up if I do make it out that way.

Back
Top Bottom