Another newbie - first time on board

HobBob

Hi All,
I'm both new to the hobby and to this board. I made my first trip out into the field with detector in hand a about 10 days ago - came back with 26 cents in clad/zinc, a hose nozzle, a piece of wire, a copper fitting, and some nails... I guess not bad for the first day's detecting.
I live in the Detroit area, and am using a Bounty Hunter Land Star detector.
I really enjoy reading about everyone else's finds... it gives me even more motivation to get out there and hunt (if the weather would just cooperate!)
I'll see you all out there down the road,
HH
HobBob

Welcome to the forums HobBob. Don't worry, winter will be over before you know it. I've been surprised at how much I've been able to detect this winter already.

Hi Bob and welcome. Good to see someone in Michigan can still get out. I live north of you in Grayling, and last night we got 10-11" of the white stuff. Hey, if you ever get up this way this summer, fire me a PM and maybe we can do some hunting.

Hey Hobbob,
I'm in the Detroit area as well and am likewise new to the hobby (as of x-mas). Been out in a couple backyards and front yards and have had decent luck with a bunch of clad and a silver ring so far. As long as the weather holds, I predict a few more outings yet this winter! Good luck to you!

Welcome hobBob until i found this forum i have to tell you i didnt think anyone else in the world Metal detected other then me. wow was i wrong what i found here and in the hobby is so many great people who are willing to help and enjoy the hobby with you. its kind of like owning a harley or being part of the police department theres a kind of brother and sister hood great to have you here and happy hunting, the bugguy from the great state of NH

As everyone else has said, welcome to the forum! You will get a lot of good advice from the experts!

Cary in South Dakota
Prizm II

Wow, thanks everyone for the big welcome. What a great group of people! Hope to be posting some new finds to share with y'all soon.
HH,
Bob

Back
Top Bottom