Metal Detecting Warps Your Mind

OleSarge

Elite Member
We are what we do, and why we chose metal detecting as a hobby isn't something easily understood:?:.
The way our minds are programmed to focus on things we like and are most familiar with is also difficult to explain,
Anyway, this story demonstrates how warped a mind can become and how distorted reality can be when every thought is in some way associated with a brain programmed to respond to beeps and grunts:crazy:.
Yesterday I was watching a episode of "Monsters Inside Me" on TV and this guy had swallowed a pull tab when he drank from a can where his wife had discarded it.
For nearly a whole hour I watched as this guy suffered unbearable levels of pain and underwent extreme measures, including radiation therapy for suspected throat cancer, by a regiment of specialized medical experts.
Diagnosed and (unsuccessfully) treated for COPD and a whole myriad of medical maladies, the guy finally resigned himself to a certain prolonged and painful death.
He even sent his family on a bucket list trip to Mexico so that they wouldn't have to witness his final days:tissue:.
Then, during a coughing spell:sick: he spat up the pull tab and was instantly healed.
His family returned to find him in excellent health, back at work as a car salesman and jogging daily like a teenager:excited:.
Naturally, the family rejoiced:woohoo: and the medical community scratched their heads:confused:.
I was confused by all this because my suggestion would have been that he attend any meeting of a local metal detector club and the pull tab would have been immediately discovered by a few dozen hobbyists.
Of course, recovering it:digginahole: would be a matter of controversy because everyone present would get immersed in the argument about whether it would be better to use a circular or square plug to retrieve it:sissyfight:.
Don't bother trying to reread this thread in hopes of gaining any amount of sense from it.
Remember, this thread is about being warped.....not compassionate or smart.

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Hand held

I didn't see the show, but why didn't the pull tab show up on x-rays? Surely they did an x-ray on him if they thought he had cancer.

Back
Top Bottom