just sayin

LookingHawk

i made a post the other day that was completely taken out of context.
further more honestly i felt like i was being attacked, this is not the friendly metal detecting forum i remember...for those who felt a certain way about my post i apologize...keep in mind however to judge a person or make assumptions when you don't know what that person has been dealing with in their life is just well wrong...also to attack a person on an honest mistake is also wrong...let that sink in if you are one of the people that did so...for the rest of you who actually had something constructive to say and got the point of the post thank you...in general we dont always have control over circumstances in out lives and everyone makes a decision at some point in their life that they could not have foreseen that a person would break trust given...i learned a hard lesson and now its up to me to make it right...so in closing think before you hit that submit when posting how you want to be treated or talked to...other wise you have taken the friendly out of metal detecting forum... just sayin

On the other hand, you could have re read your own original post a couple time BEFORE you hit the SUBMIT button. It also helps if YOU try to look at the situation from another perspective.
Many of us here are older guys who were raised in a different time and asking for help or donations are something we are not comfortable with doing.
The persons on this forum helped you get an AT Pro and pin pointer and according to my research you might have posted thanks but never kept anyone updated to how it was working out of sharing all your terrific finds.
Personally and I can only speak for myself, if I was in your position and was given the gift like this and had it stolen or broken, the last thing I would do is post on the same forum asking for more help.
As a matter of fact you do have some recourse, you can go right down to the local courthouse and file a complaint with small claims. If you loaned something out and never got it back then that person is liable to pay to replace this item
This is a FRIENDLY forum and we are very protective of each other and the members are ALWAYS helping each other out in some way or another.
I really do feel for you and your circumstances and my offer to make a donation to the cancer charity of YOUR choice still stands.
I hope the Reponses you received do not deter you from this site. As a matter of fact is you stick around and participate a bit more you are bound to make some good friends, the type of friends that are more than willing to help out any way they can.

i made a post the other day that was completely taken out of context.
further more honestly i felt like i was being attacked, this is not the friendly metal detecting forum i remember...for those who felt a certain way about my post i apologize...keep in mind however to judge a person or make assumptions when you don't know what that person has been dealing with in their life is just well wrong...also to attack a person on an honest mistake is also wrong...let that sink in if you are one of the people that did so...for the rest of you who actually had something constructive to say and got the point of the post thank you...in general we dont always have control over circumstances in out lives and everyone makes a decision at some point in their life that they could not have foreseen that a person would break trust given...i learned a hard lesson and now its up to me to make it right...so in closing think before you hit that submit when posting how you want to be treated or talked to...other wise you have taken the friendly out of metal detecting forum... just sayin

I know I was the first one and I didn't want to take it out of context or attack you. I put in bold that if I made a error to please let me know.

I don't know your story BUT I did look back at all your posts before I commented. It is a friendly forum and I did let the moderators know in a private PM to delete my post if it was out of line. The owner of the forum decided to lock your thread instead.

I did count all your posts after you got the free detector and you did only make 23 which I thought was wrong especially since some great people went out of their way to help you. You just vanished without telling anyone something was amiss. After you got your new machine in Feb 2012 you posted till May of 2012 and went poof until one post in Feb 2013 and then the post on the Dec. 11th 2014 looking to build another machine from parts and an AT-Pro only. I don't think they have been out long enough for anyone to have good working parts laying around.

Anyone can click on your name and click on see all posts made by you or anyone else for that matter. I stated the facts I saw and didn't judge BUT lets face it, there are a lot of people wanting and needing at this point in their lives. There are a ton of people that would love a FIRST chance at a major gift as I said.

I was a cop for 9 years and have seen more than my share of things. Maybe I should have kept quiet but those that know me on here know I speak my mind and I tell the truth. Sometimes BOTH get me in trouble.

Have a wonderful Christmas season and I hope you find peace in the coming year.

thank you scuba detector and choppa dude for clarifying and for your responses...oh i know i messed up i own that fact and i did what i could for recompense but nothing ever came of it, as for my absence from the site i truly apologize,there were many personal issues.... thank you for responding and seriously i will always cherish that gift from so many of you...im just trying to make right and get back out swingin...i wanted people to know i was back and i had a purpose and what happened, when it happened i was heart broken and ashamed, i didnt even know how to come back here and tell people what had happened, i am going to reach my personal goal and i am going to do what i can to help others the way everyone here helped me,blessings to you and yours

Guess I missed the thread. Hobbies have always been optional for me, low priority. I don't expect anyone to fund or support my hobbies, I just make do the best I can, with what's available, and within my budget. When I started in electronics, I mostly had to salvage parts for projects and repairs. My tools were what I could scrounge. Really had more of an interest, than an income. I still passionately hate Radio Shack, over-priced, poor quality components, but the only game in town, no other options for a young hobbyist.

Had someone sent me a nice metal detector, it would have been my most prized possession, and shown the greats care and respect, since I was very lucky to have it, and back to eye-balling surface finds without. It would take a while, before I felt like it was mine to do as I please. It would feel like it was only on loan, and I'd have to return it in the same shape it was given.

When I give something away, to help someone out, the only thing that bothers me, is when that person simply turns around and sells or trades it. I feel no obligation to repair or replace something I gave away, although if I have the parts and experience, I don't mind donating the time.

Guess I missed the thread. Hobbies have always been optional for me, low priority. I don't expect anyone to fund or support my hobbies, I just make do the best I can, with what's available, and within my budget. When I started in electronics, I mostly had to salvage parts for projects and repairs. My tools were what I could scrounge. Really had more of an interest, than an income. I still passionately hate Radio Shack, over-priced, poor quality components, but the only game in town, no other options for a young hobbyist.

Had someone sent me a nice metal detector, it would have been my most prized possession, and shown the greats care and respect, since I was very lucky to have it, and back to eye-balling surface finds without. It would take a while, before I felt like it was mine to do as I please. It would feel like it was only on loan, and I'd have to return it in the same shape it was given.

When I give something away, to help someone out, the only thing that bothers me, is when that person simply turns around and sells or trades it. I feel no obligation to repair or replace something I gave away, although if I have the parts and experience, I don't mind donating the time.

i hear you on that, as well yes thats the way it was i babied that detector, it came down to 1 bad decision involving someone i should have been able to trust...it was a hard lesson, ill will manage somehow to finally replace it...it wont be easy however it will be worth it...the rest of the gear that was not lost because of the situation is here and kept safe and awaits its time to see the field again...for now i am learning more and researching...one thing i would like to point out just as a side note...i was in a dark time in my life when those people here came together and blessed me...when i opened that box and saw what people did for me i never looked back...i looked to the future...i still had many problems with my health but i became stronger and started doing what i could within my limitations to reach out and help others around me...i admit as was stated i should have looked at my own post before hitting submit...i went back and re read it and see how it could be misinterpreted...i just want to clarify i could not in good conscience or morals ask people to do something like that for me again...all i ask for now is support to keep pushin forward...if anyone has info that can help me great im open to any i want to learn more and i have to say if ever people come together for someone else like they did for me i want to do my part...regardless of what happened to me with my gear, im still grateful and ill cherish that blessing all my days!!!

This is the friendliest place on the web...

First....

Second, I would hate for the friendly to be mistaken for.....

Good luck on your quest, my prayers go out to all who are true in their intentions!

Only He knows....

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom