How do you get Sponsored?

i know a lot of guys that are sponsored disc golfers. its really not how good you are or the finds you make. if you have a good attitude, are a steward of the hobby, and make videos im sure most companies will sponsor you. for disc golf they will pay your entry fees into tournaments, and give you some swag (amateur level). at a pro level you get a lot more. as a md manufacture if all you have to do is give a guy a few hats, digger, PP, even a metal detector and they make 20 videos on youtube which 50,000 people watch. lets say the videos cause just 20 people to buy a product that is pretty cheap $ per customer advertising.

Even a picture of a picture...

This was taken when I was still a kid.. Pre internet, pre digi pics... I took a picture of my pictures with my phone....

<°)))>{

i was wondering why your breath smelled like ..um...err....umm...!!!!/oops/i/mean perch lol. nice pike or muskie there Iceman!! we dont have those down here. but we have the gators that would eat your fish on the stringer, then drag yer boat under while trying to get you!! :lol:

i was wondering why your breath smelled like ..um...err....umm...!!!!/oops/i/mean perch lol. nice pike or muskie there Iceman!! we dont have those down here. but we have the gators that would eat your fish on the stringer, then drag yer boat under while trying to get you!! :lol:

Its a pike (40"), thanks Hookl!!

Even when I was a tiny kid, every "big" fish got captured on film, mom, dad, neighbor, bait shop, whoever had the closest camera!! I have caught some monster fish in my day, but have never caught bluegill or crappy as big as Chris has that's for sure! He PMd me and said he caught them "pre-smart phone days" and didn't have any pictures of his line class record catches. Most people would have had those fish mounted, and pictures, around here...

<*)))>{

ive been in many fishing tournaments in my life and i always win, hell ive won more fishing gear in tournaments than ive probably bought otherwise. first tournament i was even in was when i was 4 or 5 won a fishing rod and like $2000 it was a kids fishing tournament of course. won it with a pound and a half bluegill which is a really big bluegill.[/QUOTE

you forgot to mention you are the newest owner of the golden gate ,,,oh wait.. i mean the brooklyn bridge. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

seriously...do you have ANY idea just how big a 1.5 lb bluegill really Is???

I'm going to make a guess here but I'd say halfway between a one pound bluegill and a two pound bluegill....:laughing:

Its a pike (40"), thanks Hookl!!

Even when I was a tiny kid, every "big" fish got captured on film, mom, dad, neighbor, bait shop, whoever had the closest camera!! I have caught some monster fish in my day, but have never caught bluegill or crappy as big as Chris has that's for sure! He PMd me and said he caught them "pre-smart phone days" and didn't have any pictures of his line class record catches. Most people would have had those fish mounted, and pictures, around here...

<*)))>{
yeah i've caught perch as big as what chris says he caught. back in the day it was fairly common due to the lack of fishing pressure. hell me and my brother once caught 2 record book kentucky bass on the same day on a river here . one weighed 3.97 lbs, the other 3.79. both would have made the record book in Louisiana, but they had the priveledge of being our guests at the dinner table :D

and chris...i too once held a local lake record for a crappie . i was a kid back then, and it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY before smart phones, internet etc. but i did witness my dad catch a crappie on a river in NE louisiana that was huge. he laid the fish down on a table, and took a dollar bill and placed it vertically (top of back to bottom of belly)on the fish, and had at least an inch showing on each end of the dollar bill. how big? we dont know, because it too went under the knife for supper. but i bet it was a state record.<shrug>

back then we fished and hunted to feed the family . money was always tight and we as a family grew up in the woods and on the water constantly. i could tell you some fish and hunt stories that you wouldnt believe. and all true. lots of people have histories of catching huge fish, or taking some magnificent animals . they just dont feel the need to brag about em yanno?

and BTW,,, Iceman,...yer welcome!!! :lol::lol: rock on buddy!

12 steps to success? 8)

I couldn't take AA, personal choice I guess. So it took a hell of a lot more steps than 12 with me. :lol: When my 3rd serious relationship ended and she said I would never change that was all it took. I kinda took personal inventory right there on the spot and said, "yes I will bit**, just watch and learn." Sometimes being as stubborn as I am pays off, most of the time not though. :laughing: 12/18 will be 4yrs. no alcohol what so ever. That 8 you put in there made me go look up that step in AA, make amends?? :wow: Wouldn't even know where to start...........:?: To pros3lyte, you need some sort of angle like the others have said. Seems to be the way with everyday life as well, you got the angle, you get what you're after.

Those guys are the best when it comes to presentation, articulation, and fun.... that is how they got sponsored.

I would also recommend Bill Ladd and The Silver Slingers. Very entertaining folks.

Greg

they dont really have any skills they are just lucky.

No. They bust their tails to get permissions and do the proper marketing to get themselves noticed. Im not even a fan of theirs, but it pains me to see your negative comments. You, on the other hand brag about your questionable claims and insult others on this forum. You're a negative here. I've bit my tongue for too long. Sorry mods, but this **** needs flushed.

No. They bust their tails to get permissions and do the proper marketing to get themselves noticed. Im not even a fan of theirs, but it pains me to see your negative comments. You, on the other hand brag about your questionable claims and insult others on this forum. You're a negative here. I've bit my tongue for too long. Sorry mods, but this **** needs flushed.

well said Shweddy! i always have admired a man that calls em like he sees em. we are a lot alike.

haha I wish I could "Like" this comment.

Although, they'd definitely know I was lying.

Nobody drives station wagons anymore. I'd have to say either a Minivan or an SUV! :p

I've an '86 Vicky wagon, thanks. :D Runs like the day it was born.

Back to the main question at hand .... any company will sponsor a few guys, based on what they think will bring interest in their product. Seeing how Minelab has several guys including DFA on their roster, they are likely about filled in that area. Garrett has NuggetNoggin and Beau Ouitimett here in the states, as well as the TV crew from Diggers, plus an Aussie name Warren giving them a great showing down under!! Might want to look at other brands if you want to get noticed.

Free detectors and gear are nice, but then you're obligated to use one brand, I for one like using the best machine for my particular hunting on any specific day whether it be a Whites, Minelab, Fisher, etc. I'd get bored using the same brand and models over and over.

Oh and I see Nugget has a girl in his videos now, that's what sponsorship and fame brings as well. :D I try to bring my GF but after 5 minutes she complains that she's bored or cold and sits in the car, she now claims she wants to be a beach hunter, I hate beaches.... Now that I have a new E-trac, maybe I need a new woman.

Back
Top Bottom