The 1916-D has returned home! Graded VG08 !!!!!!

goes4ever

Elite Member
Well after a long wait.....well it seems like a long time..lol. I got my
1916-D back today. I am SO HAPPY they did NOT mark it cleaned!!!! WoooHOOOOO. I was SO careful removing the dirt from it to not leave any scratches. I was nervous it would be marked as "cleaned" or enviromental damage from being buried.

As you can see in the pic, it was graded VG08, and that is just fine with me!:D

I am not sure if all of you see or not but I dug the 1916-D on Aug 27th, and all within about 2 and a half weeks, I dug 3 more 1916 mercury dimes. I found one 1916-S and 2 of the 1916-P.....crazy unreal! I included all of them in a pic below.

I doubt I will ever top this find, sure will be hard. I still feel extremely lucky to have dug such a rare coin, thanks to everyone for looking!!!!!

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

that will be a great one for the collection for sure

yep it is going back into the safety deposit box tomorrow for safe keeping. I plan to leave it to my son along with EVERY single silver I have ever dug! I hope to have a whole chest full for him! :lol:

Again, this board has turned my jealousy palpable.

Incredible find and congrats on the slabbing!

man, that is AWESOME!!! Did you let them professionally clean it? How much are the others worth?

Congrats!!!!!

heck no it is not cleaned.....it is just like I found it, with the dirt carefully removed by me. The 1916P and 1916S are just common dates....worth nothing much over silver melt value in their condition

Back
Top Bottom