Going to buy a metal detector

B

bluedoyle

Well it is not for me but for my friend.

You see his grandfather in mexico never trusted the banks. So he took all his money and buried around his ranch.

Now my friend wants to find it. He doesn't speak english so he asked me to research for him.

He wants to buy a metal detector that will find gold, silver, nickel and whatever else he has buried.

The standard depth for burying your gold in Mexico is 3 meters approximately 18 feet.

Is there a line of detectors that can handle this task?

If anything one of the two box types, but I'm not sure the depth range even those can handle. I'm sure someone here can give you more info though. Good luck.

Todd

At that depth you'll need a two box detector as stated by Todd. The Gemini III is a good one. The targets will have to be of some size to find. Mason jar or larger at that depth. Single coins will not be found by a two box detector at any depth. Le t me know if you need more help. :yes:

3 metres (metre = 3' 3" approx.) is 9' 9" not eighteen feet.
Unless he was the local drug smuggler and had crates of coins I can't see any two box being of much use. The Deepers P.I.'s that are made in Mexico can be used for small caches near surface or larger, deeper ones. He may well be able to hire a machine and unlike most P.I.'s it does have some discrimination.
Check out
http://www.metaldetection.net/english/Deep_metal_detection.htm
First thing to do is find out what the coins were buried in. If it was metal boxes then no discrimination should be used.
Its suprising what does get buried when banks are not trusted/times of war etc

Back
Top Bottom