To sell or not to sell, nox 600

LandOLincoln

Last year, like many, I was waiting for my nox 800. Found out it would be months so I got a nox 600. I used it a ton for about 3 months then my 800 arrived, basically the same machine besides some minor differences. I held onto the 600 hoping that I would get some of my friends out MDing with me, they sound interested but with family's and job's, more than a year gone by, it hasnt happened. I dont need the money, but its just sitting on a shelf, should I sell? Or keep it? I feel like as soon as I sell it one of my buddys will have the time to go out. Also Its nice to know i have a spare detector if I ever had to send in my 800. What would a used 600 go for on here? I also have a profind 15 pinpointer. And the wireless headphones that came with the 800 I could package together.

The way I see it...if your buddies don’t have a detector,they’re not interested in metal detecting. Anyone who IS interested on the level you need them to be to be a “hunting partner” would have a machine. A casual “ho-hum maybe someday we will do it” mentality does NOT mesh with someone who has their sights set on making some good finds. These types will hold you back,slow you down,let you do the research and ride your coat tails right into the sunset. Either continue to hunt alone and do it because YOU want to do it or find some serious guys who can do you some good,whether it be permissions,knowledge,etc. YOU trying to stuff YOUR hobby down someones throat doesn’t work,I know.
I’d still have 2 machines on hand,for just the reason you mentioned...if the 800 gets sick you can still hunt with basically the same machine,no “remembering how to run that different one”. Let other people spend the money just like you did,and if they really want to get together and hunt,they will.

I think you answered your own question/s, keep it, you don't need the money, and it's a spare machine. 🖒

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

The way I see it...if your buddies don’t have a detector,they’re not interested in metal detecting. Anyone who IS interested on the level you need them to be to be a “hunting partner” would have a machine. A casual “ho-hum maybe someday we will do it” mentality does NOT mesh with someone who has their sights set on making some good finds. These types will hold you back,slow you down,let you do the research and ride your coat tails right into the sunset. Either continue to hunt alone and do it because YOU want to do it or find some serious guys who can do you some good,whether it be permissions,knowledge,etc. YOU trying to stuff YOUR hobby down someones throat doesn’t work,I know.
I’d still have 2 machines on hand,for just the reason you mentioned...if the 800 gets sick you can still hunt with basically the same machine,no “remembering how to run that different one”. Let other people spend the money just like you did,and if they really want to get together and hunt,they will.

Agree!!! that is totally right. Sell it and pocket the cash for another accessory or whatever makes you happy!!

I would keep it as a backup. Nice already knowing the signals that the backup will have. I use a similar reason for my conceal carry pistol. I have 2 of the same. If something would happen to one, my backup will fit same holster and feel the same when drawing it out.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Well, it's only worth about 50 bucks used...but since you're local I'll give you 100 for it :)

Seriously though, it's nice to have a spare detector just in case...or if your 800 needs service. Or for testing out a new coil.

I have both the 600 and the 800. I mostly use the 800 for gold prospecting and for deep relic hunts. I use the 600 most of the time for daily hunts and have basically beat the !!!! out of it. It still looks great and works great. I look at the other options out there for a multi frequency, fully waterproof, go anywhere detect in any mineralization environment, fairly easy to use and very effective detector that weighs less than 3 lbs and I don't see a better alternative. I love my XP ORX but it can't handle bad weather/submerged creek and river prospecting. I will not sell my 600. It is just too good!

Keep the 11" coil on one and put the 6" coil on the other and then you don't ever have to switch coils. That's what I would do. Take both detectors to a site and if it's really trashy use the one with the 6" coil, if you need to cover more area use the one with the 11" coil.

Keep the 11" coil on one and put the 6" coil on the other and then you don't ever have to switch coils. That's what I would do. Take both detectors to a site and if it's really trashy use the one with the 6" coil, if you need to cover more area use the one with the 11" coil.

^^^ Now this is thinking !!!!

If you are going to keep it .. Do what Toad said !!

If you are going to sell it ..do it NOW.. the value is only going to go down in the future.

Not a bad idea!

Well said! Couldnt agree more. A lot of people show "interest" but few stick. Metal detecting is a passion for us, but for most of our friends just a curiosity. I would sell one if its just sitting on a shelf, unless you think it will go up in value like they did in the first 3 months of release :roll:

Lots of great advice here! I like what both Toad and IDX said. I lean more towards the backup if you don’t need the money [emoji384]. And if you are ambidextrous you can use both for a time saver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of great advice here! I like what both Toad and IDX said. I lean more towards the backup if you don’t need the money [emoji384]. And if you are ambidextrous you can use both for a time saver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol::lol:That noise cancel would come in really handy with that setup!:lol:

Be sure to put the charge cable on it once in a while. Can't hurt..

Minelab has longer term storage info to help extend the battery life, i think they recommend not having it fully charged when storing for a longer period.

Sure enough one of my buddies is ready to go detecting. All of my friends that are interested also have access to hunt some good properties so i guess i will hold it. I have though about a deus or a ctx3030, but i dont get out enough right now to buy another detector, with this new job and all.

Back
Top Bottom