Are loomis rolls dry?

Usa

Elite Member
I have heard rumors that loomis pulls all the silver out, is this true? I have done 2 boxes of loomis halves and only got a 40%er proof that looked like it got caught in the machine.

I have heard rumors that loomis pulls all the silver out, is this true? I have done 2 boxes of loomis halves and only got a 40%er proof that looked like it got caught in the machine.
Loomis is not in business to cull silver, they are paid to roll coin and they’re good at it. Rumors about culling have circulated for as long as I’ve recently been involved, ten years now, and no one has provided good proof. Usually what happens is silver is rejected at some machines, or tellers intercept the goods. Fact remains that there is less silver now hitting the boxes.

I have also heard similar information, but the truth is that I average slightly better than one silver per box. I have only been CRH for about a year, so I don’t have the historical stats that others may share and compare current trends to.

My best boxes for halves have been Brinks double-deckers, although for dimes, Brinks stinks!

I know that Loomis supplies most of the banks in my immediate area, and have wondered how to find out if Brinks or other supplies provide the coin to certain banks. How do you find that out without looking like you’re doing a stakeout ?

I've had success with Lommis boxes.. my bank uses Brinks.. My dump bank said that their coin counter will reject silver.. I haven't and won't test their machine..lol

I know that Loomis supplies most of the banks in my immediate area, and have wondered how to find out if Brinks or other supplies provide the coin to certain banks. How do you find that out without looking like you’re doing a stakeout ?
Yep, banks won’t give that info out for security reasons, and it’s not wise to approach a courier.

My best boxes for halves have been Brinks double-deckers, although for dimes, Brinks stinks!

I was going through these old threads and saw your comment here ,but have a question...... I have had minimal luck with double-decker brinks halves and have heard from others that they are usually bad. Do you get the Brinks black and white paper rolls or the Brinks tan and white? I have heard that they switched a while ago and was just wondering what types of them you have had such good luck with.
Thanks- Levi

I was going through these old threads and saw your comment here ,but have a question...... I have had minimal luck with double-decker brinks halves and have heard from others that they are usually bad. Do you get the Brinks black and white paper rolls or the Brinks tan and white? I have heard that they switched a while ago and was just wondering what types of them you have had such good luck with.
Thanks- Levi
Black and white rolls. The rolling paper they use really has nothing to do with luck. Nowadays, we don’t even know if rolling is contracted out, or if the flavor of the month means they’re culling silver.

One things for sure. Tellers are in the dark. “The boxes come from the FED.” :lol::lol::lol: Sure, if you want to call Brinks holding, the FED.

My opinion on gifting tellers. Don’t. No one gifts me for doing my job.
Gift tellers, especially the new ones, and watch your silver dry up.

With all due respect, I usually don't hunt much on silver. I go for wheat and Loomis rolls tend to have a good amount. Rolls of dimes under the Loomis label have yielded no true silver either....instead I just get one or two rolls of dimes and search for rare years/mints and/or errors. And I do find a few. Today I tried 10 rolls of pennies home rolled vs. the Loomis....and Loomis saved the day...6 wheats and a couple dimes worth keeping out of the one ROLL I bought.

With all due respect, I usually don't hunt much on silver. I go for wheat and Loomis rolls tend to have a good amount. Rolls of dimes under the Loomis label have yielded no true silver either....instead I just get one or two rolls of dimes and search for rare years/mints and/or errors. And I do find a few. Today I tried 10 rolls of pennies home rolled vs. the Loomis....and Loomis saved the day...6 wheats and a couple dimes worth keeping out of the one ROLL I bought.

yeah, basically any penny rolls will have wheaties in them if you go through a few of them. I have had great luck with Brinks dime rolls, I do about 6-8 boxes a month of them. I have found 4 mercs (including a 1917 merc), and 24 rosies
Since around the beginning of this year. Its about volume when it comes to coin roll hunting.

KT would like to chime in on this thread. KT only CHRs Loomis boxes, and only half dollars. His Majesty owes ALL His Royal Success to Loomis boxes. The boxes will run silver hot or cold, depending on whether someone dumped any silver at their machines. IF they are sorting out silver, they are doing a very crappy job of it! :laughing::laughing: Check back through the last few months of KT's threads to see how badly they are doing! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The simple answer is exactly what amc rulz stated early on in this thread, no they do not.

How many boxes have you searched? You stated two! That is not enough to even begin to consider statictically what can be recovered from halves boxes. KT searches 5 boxes a week and even then sometimes pulls a bum week....even had two weeks in a row last month with no silver....but that seems to be few and far between. So just consider how much you have hunted and keep buying boxes and hunting them...even if only 1 at a time, until you hit silver, then you will really understand how scarce it is in circulation!

Back
Top Bottom