Stavr Scoop Questions

Seanpaul

Okay, I am not here to start a scoop war with anyone or stir up any trouble as I have read some of the scoop threads that turned, well let's say, competetive is puttin it nicely. I have a history with the stealth scoop and it was fine but did not care for the 90 degree set up. No, not interested in the new 720 either but interested in a Stavr this time around.

The majority of hunting will be wading in lakes that have a diverse bottom. Mostly a thin layer of sand over clay but some areas have pebbles, rocks, sand, silt, mud and you name it. I'm not gonna be really torquing on the scoop or abusing it so I don't need the absolute strongest model as Ruslin recommends on his site. Fast washing and flow are highly important to me as well as light weight as far as stainless steel is concerned anyway.

The models I had in mind are the Stavr Krepish, the Evroexcavator 2 V2.2 and the Evroexcavator V.5. I'm looking to get them with the 32mm pipe and with the "knife" tip instead of the "spoon" tip as I don't like the flatter, rounded spoon design. I'm not sure how the smaller holes on the Krepish will do with my type of hunting, maybe experienced users can weigh in.

If you have any experience with these scoops in question or any helpful advice in helping me towards the better one for what I want to be doing, then please let me know. Feel free to PM as well if you don't want to say it here. Thank you and again, no scoop wars unless it's between the three I mentioned please.

Just a note too, if it was more affordable I would likely buy the Stavr Evroexcavator-3 V30. That is a nice looking scoop but it sure is pricey compared to the others. Thanks!

Well I do the same type water hunting with clay and rock mix. The M10 is what I went with and it works so well. My set up with handle come in at 4.2 lbs. hope that helps.

I have an M10 as well for the water...it has taken all my abuse in all kinds of hunting conditions & terrain so far.

Okay, I am not here to start a scoop war with anyone or stir up any trouble as I have read some of the scoop threads that turned, well let's say, competetive is puttin it nicely. I have a history with the stealth scoop and it was fine but did not care for the 90 degree set up. No, not interested in the new 720 either but interested in a Stavr this time around.

The majority of hunting will be wading in lakes that have a diverse bottom. Mostly a thin layer of sand over clay but some areas have pebbles, rocks, sand, silt, mud and you name it. I'm not gonna be really torquing on the scoop or abusing it so I don't need the absolute strongest model as Ruslin recommends on his site. Fast washing and flow are highly important to me as well as light weight as far as stainless steel is concerned anyway.

The models I had in mind are the Stavr Krepish, the Evroexcavator 2 V2.2 and the Evroexcavator V.5. I'm looking to get them with the 32mm pipe and with the "knife" tip instead of the "spoon" tip as I don't like the flatter, rounded spoon design. I'm not sure how the smaller holes on the Krepish will do with my type of hunting, maybe experienced users can weigh in.

If you have any experience with these scoops in question or any helpful advice in helping me towards the better one for what I want to be doing, then please let me know. Feel free to PM as well if you don't want to say it here. Thank you and again, no scoop wars unless it's between the three I mentioned please.

Just a note too, if it was more affordable I would likely buy the Stavr Evroexcavator-3 V30. That is a nice looking scoop but it sure is pricey compared to the others. Thanks!

Take a look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj75dh7cC58

Why don't you look at Chucks new 20 degree scoop...

http://www.stealthscoop.com/bargain-bin.html

If you are set on a Stavr Scoop, be advise it may take awhile for it to arrive mine was 3 months. I think Ruslin gives a pretty accurate description of what each model of his scoops are designed for. I choose the 2.22 as it best fit my all around hunting needs and from his description, it was just what he said it was.

Thank you all for replies; seems the M10 is pretty popular. I'm drawn more by all the extra holes in the Evroexcavotor and Krepish series for lighter weight and flow/washability if I can take advantage of those features.

Thats also a great deal on the stealth 720 and I think that Chuck makes an excellent product; I just wanted to try something else for a change since I began with one of his fine scoops. I tend to bring up a whole scoop full of mud and clay at a time and it makes for one very heavy load. Problem is that clay doesn't just wash out so I find myself bringing it up by walking up the handle until my hand meets the metal of the scoop. Unfortunately, I have sliced my hands up pretty good as his scoops have a bit of a sharp lip at the handle/scoop juncture so that's another reason to try something a bit different. I think that is what the orange pair of gloves are for that he throws in with his scoops, but I never used them personally. Not knocking his scoops; they are top notch quality, just my experience and your mileage may vary.

I hope it's not quite that long but I'll have to get with him on it if I can reach him. I don't mind a couple of months at the most but for 3 months I'll probably have to change my mind. Are you very satisfied with your Stavr still?

If you are set on a Stavr Scoop, be advise it may take awhile for it to arrive mine was 3 months. I think Ruslin gives a pretty accurate description of what each model of his scoops are designed for. I choose the 2.22 as it best fit my all around hunting needs and from his description, it was just what he said it was.

I received my Stavr in about 4 weeks because I special ordered the angle of the pipe. Standard for most of his scoops is a 65 degree angle, that works fine too and probably will ship faster. I asked for 70 degree angle and it had to be special made. I think most of the time realistic shipping time is 20 days. Customs gets them first and they sit about 4 business days there. Thank Uncle Sam for that. If you order the 32MM pipe with standard angle it probably will not take more than 20 days total. I know some guys say they waited a long time. That is not good but I have not heard a lot of this from others. Contact him at his email address on his website and ask him about the availability of your scoop. He also offers cheaper payment than Western Union. Google Stavr Scoops. He will answer your emails and your concerns. Just know he uses a translation program. Some time there is confusion on that but you can figure it out.

Just a suggestion...Lakes, calm water I would go for a Miller scoop, strav's makes some good scoops but I recently seen my first one in person and they are just not long enough for me, I compared it to my D scoop.

The miller and a sifter is the only way to hunt those lakes, for me anyway. No bending over, no mouth full of water...but the miller is good no where else, just to big and alkward...here is the starv's I seen....

I received my Stavr in about 4 weeks because I special ordered the angle of the pipe. Standard for most of his scoops is a 65 degree angle, that works fine too and probably will ship faster. I asked for 70 degree angle and it had to be special made. I think most of the time realistic shipping time is 20 days. Customs gets them first and they sit about 4 business days there. Thank Uncle Sam for that. If you order the 32MM pipe with standard angle it probably will not take more than 20 days total. I know some guys say they waited a long time. That is not good but I have not heard a lot of this from others. Contact him at his email address on his website and ask him about the availability of your scoop. He also offers cheaper payment than Western Union. Google Stavr Scoops. He will answer your emails and your concerns. Just know he uses a translation program. Some time there is confusion on that but you can figure it out.

Thank you Imalookin2, I agree and think it best to contact him directly to get his feedback on how long to expect shipment of his scoops. What model did you get and how do you like it? I want to thank Njal as well for the video; that showed a good comparison between one of the models I'm interested in and another couple that he had.

my Stavr EX 2.2 arrived last wed, shipped 5 days after ordering only took a few extra days cause he was on vacation then mine got stuck on the east coast due to the weather so probably would have made it to Wi little earlier but one month to the day!!! and im on the Great Lakes!

Thank you Imalookin2, I agree and think it best to contact him directly to get his feedback on how long to expect shipment of his scoops. What model did you get and how do you like it? I want to thank Njal as well for the video; that showed a good comparison between one of the models I'm interested in and another couple that he had.

Sean VA. Max put that video together.
He's a member on here.:yes:

Just a suggestion...Lakes, calm water I would go for a Miller scoop, strav's makes some good scoops but I recently seen my first one in person and they are just not long enough for me, I compared it to my D scoop.

The miller and a sifter is the only way to hunt those lakes, for me anyway. No bending over, no mouth full of water...but the miller is good no where else, just to big and alkward...here is the starv's I seen....

Thank you oldbeechnut; good video. I gotta hand it to those surf hunters, they work much harder than I have to when I'm in the lake. The Miller was intriguing with it's design but I discounted it on availability and I agree with your statement about it's bulkiness anywhere else as I'd like to have a little more versatility in locations and use.

Just a thought here, but I've been following your Diablo scoop for awhile too oldbeechnut; about ever since I was first in the market for a scoop about this time last year. Any chance of seeing yours available for purchase by the time water season gets going? I know that's the million scoop question that many of us are dying to know but I'd really like to try that Diablo scoop out; been very impressed with the videos so far. Thanks

Sean that was pretty fast compared to everyone else. Ruslan has a friend who manufactures his scoops during down time at his shop so its a timing thing, have to catch him at the right time I guess. Paying him was a breeze as well dont let people think its a hassle..took me 5 minutes.

I have the Monstrik-10. I love it for my style of hunting. It is fast on the wet sand and really light with a fiberglass handle. Heavier scoops shine out in the water. The Stealths are good there because a heavy scoop is better but the 90 degree scoop you used is like the one I sold. No good. On the wet sand they are tough dragging or on your shoulder. Been there. I would never sell my Stavr. If you are going to water hunt a lot then choose a wood handle. They are available everywhere. The Stealth wood handle is specially made. If you want the flat spot he designed into his scoop handle you have to buy one from him. Feel free to torque the Stavr all you want. You can not break it. It will take all the yanking you can give.

Last edited:
Thanks again airforce mike and Imalookin2. I'm glad to hear about that positive feedback on your scoops and they sound just like what I have in mind for my criteria. I like the lightweight of them too compared too what I had. I saw one in one of the video's go for just under 4lbs.:cool:

I would like to say the D scoop is coming soon. But my friend who built and designed them is so tied up with family and work, it's going to be awhile. My thing is there are many great scoops out there, many close if not better. Only thing the D scoop has the others don't is, exotic metals. Titanium, 2025 Aluminum...which both are stronger or as strong as ss and weight about 25% less. The reason no one else use these metals, cost and the 2025 is not weldable.

I thing your going the right track, I love stavr's scoop, along with the 720, RTG's, Babbs. I tell you right now, this summer I will be trying a shovel, I seen guys years ago in NC/OBX using them, now the revolution has started...

Back
Top Bottom