old silver

hi everyone my name is old silver.im from a small town in texas.i started metal dectecting in 1968.my first machine wa a bfo.my favorite finds have been a mint 1835 dime,a mexican 5.00 gold peso,a well worn 5.00 u.s. gold piece and a emerald ring with diamonds.for the past 10 years i have used a whites spectrum and a garrett gta 1000.now that ive retired im going to upgrade my dectors and try to find that silver dollar thats eluded me.

Hi old Silver

Welcome to Friendly from across the Gulf. you must rank in the top 1% of MDers having found 2 gold coins already. Gotta be in the right place at the right time I guess. Maybe when you upgrade, the elusive Morgan will come your way. H.H. Gil

Welcome old silver I'm sure you can help us all out I love those finds you have made

hi everyone my name is old silver.im from a small town in texas.i started metal dectecting in 1968.my first machine wa a bfo.my favorite finds have been a mint 1835 dime,a mexican 5.00 gold peso,a well worn 5.00 u.s. gold piece and a emerald ring with diamonds.for the past 10 years i have used a whites spectrum and a garrett gta 1000.now that ive retired im going to upgrade my dectors and try to find that silver dollar thats eluded me.
Very interesting that you post about never finding that silver dollar, but yet got the gold coin! I have found this to have been the case for many others, myself included! Welcome, we look forward to reading about some of those finds if you have the time to post about them.

Gold!!!

Welcome, and as others have said I would love to see some pictures of your previous finds!! (any new ones as well! :D )

thanks for the welcome

as to the stories heres a lesson learned.my friend and i were searching at the original site of texas christian university.i got a dollar signal but wrote it off as junk.my buddy came over to the spot and dug up an 1884 siver dollar.also i grew up in a ghost town in texas called spanish fort and was blessed with good places to look.look up spanish fort montague county texas and you will see what i mean.

I can relate to your story of a dollar signal. I was hunting a sidewalk tear up and got a too big a hit to be true. I remember telling the machine, "ya, right". But i dug it. (It was coins) but not a silver dollar, added up it was close.

Back
Top Bottom