Where can I find this?

Electro

I want to buy one of these...I have googled the net and been unable to find one. Photo's courtesy of Skyfish. He bought his in an antique store. It seems to be very handy for sifting "the elusives signals" in drysand. (I do use a scoop with a screen in it but I still want one of these).

Thanks in advance for you help!

Electro

Attachments

• basket collapsed.jpg
    basket collapsed.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 502
  • Basket open.jpg
    Basket open.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 512
Hey Edaemus...I thought it might have been a type of collapsible cooking strainer?

Maybe a strainer but the holes look awfully big for pasta. A lot of these went with a minnow can that you would use the net to scoop up the minnows at the bait shop and then just sit them in the can. When you wanted a minnow you just pulled the net rather than chasing one around. Now adays they are cheap netting or just a foam bucket its tough to find good metal ones that would be good for the sifting you are wanting.

I used to have one for cooking fried foods, but it didn't collapse. You put the french fries in it and then put it in the oil to cook. I don't know if they make them anymore, try Ebay. You might be able to find one at a thrift store or goodwill.

In fact, I think we used one when we first started detecting, but it was hard to scoop the sand.

It's a minnow net. There is a larger version without the handle that is a crab trap. It lays flat on the bottom, and you haul it up when the crabs go towards the middle. You may want to try a dive shop. I have a "goody bag" that is a nylon mesh with a hinged metal frame that has a snap to keep it closed. In the open position it would be great as a sifter inside of a float.

yep thats a collapasiable cooking strainer we had one about 20 years ago for chips

all the best
Zerovis

I wouldn't think a thing like that would stand up to the riggers of sifting for very long.

yep thats a collapasiable cooking strainer we had one about 20 years ago for chips

all the best
Zerovis

Yep. its a collapsable deep frying strainer.

Had to laugh when I see the " fishing net " idea, they dont have a folding

handle on, unless you catch them a stick them straight in the pan!!!!

The one we had of these ( a while back ) you could turn it the other way up and it would stay flat

for grilling etc. Chop

If you can't find one of these, look for a smelt net. It may be a little bigger, but they are the same type. I used to have two of them and they would probably work just as well. The handles would be long so you would have to modify it to suit your needs.;)

Back
Top Bottom