1949 house never detected. Until now silver dime!

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
I have a neighbor who has been working on his house, we knew the original owners since it was built and the newer guy is a good guy. Saw someone trying to break into his house about a week ago, not on my watch. Got the plate suspect info had PD come out. Well with his working on the house the grass is really al dirt. He came by thanked me and asked about the metal detector as I was swinging over my own lawn. I told him I’d like to detect his yard if he didn’t mind. The all clear was given. 3 days now about 3 hours each time (summer heat has prevented more on my end)
Some wheaties all over and now today scored my first silver coin. 1964 dime.
Also a copper plated part of a ring.

Attachments

• 8230EBB5-559C-4E97-BB60-49C78DBA90F2.jpg
    8230EBB5-559C-4E97-BB60-49C78DBA90F2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:
Big congratulations on your first silver.
Unforgettable experience for most of us.
Nice work scoring that permission also.
,Dew

Thanks to all replies. I think I may have worked the front yard down to nails. Past two trips that’s all I’m hitting. May do one last pass with a 6 inch coil but it’s looking cleaned out.
Will have to grid and one final run.

Yea I’m thinking it’s done, did a few more sessions and nails etc..
I’m now watering my front yard and still can’t figure out this damned interference at my own house.. it actually seems once coil is close to the ground I’m getting it even worse..
But found if I face a certain way and watering my lawn I got some signals I didn’t have before haha!

Back
Top Bottom