Pants With knee Pad pockets

+1 for LAPG tac pants. Cheap, last forever, plenty of pockets, and many styles accept the neoprene knee pad inserts.

I posted earlier abut getting the Duluth Firehose cargo pants. they came in a size larger than the label said. returned them for exchange. The second pair came in, also a size larger than the labels said. I just returned them for a refund. Not gonna play that game anymore.

You should have washed and worn them a few times before returning, they tend to shrink some. That being said they do ride higher on the waist and bigger throughout the legs/hips.

You should have washed and worn them a few times before returning, they tend to shrink some. That being said they do ride higher on the waist and bigger throughout the legs/hips.

They were a full two inches around the waist than what the label said. They aren't gonna shrink nearly that much.

I inquired about the refund and got this email on the 11th: "At this time we show that we received your return on 2/5. We are currently processing returns received on 1/21. We apologize for the delay and are working diligently to get your return processed. We appreciate your understanding and patience. "

I use the pants with knee pad pockets for sea fishing and think they are great. One thing I would say is that they are not all created equal and the cheaper versions have pockets made out of the same material as the rest of the pants...

These work but are not very hard wearing...you are far better paying a bit more and getting the ones with cordora (or similar)knees as they hold up so much better in the long run....

They were a full two inches around the waist than what the label said. They aren't gonna shrink nearly that much.

I inquired about the refund and got this email on the 11th: "At this time we show that we received your return on 2/5. We are currently processing returns received on 1/21. We apologize for the delay and are working diligently to get your return processed. We appreciate your understanding and patience. "

Sorry to hear you had such a tough time with these pants. I've been ordering Duluth stuff for years, their work vest is the best, their shorts are fantastic. I have both weights of their knee pad type pants and love them both. The heavy weights I use in the winter, put on a pair of fleece pants under them, great warm comfortable combo. The light weights are perfect for the other seasons.

NIce as the Duluths look, I can't see paying $75 for "imported" pants. Unless they are imported from Minnesota.

I got these made by Blaklader that have padded knees and 10 pockets as well as loops to hold various tools. No pouch needed with these pants.

Attachments

• det.jpg
    det.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 324
Newer military surplus pants(cheap). Have pockets in the knees for pads. Works well for me.

What a great question Silversmith! The best pads I've found are military and they still slip.
I'm not a fan of cotton or canvas, prefer synthetics. I use 5.11 pants exclusively for MD but was not aware they had kneepad pockets! Will check this evening when I get home. That would be awesome.

Fortunately yesterday evening I remembered to check my 5.11 pants for a knee pad pocket. I'm not totally brain dead yet LOL! Had to feel around inside the leg. Finally--there it is! The opening is there to slip something in. Have the neoprene pads on order already this morning. Thanks so much for this thread.

Back
Top Bottom