*pics added* Drained lake jewelry haul!

Score! Talk about a honey hole! It even produced honey amber! :lol:
It's a blast when there's so many good targets you just use the pinpointer to work an area. That square pendant looks awesome! Keeping it's shine like that, where the sterling pieces are blackened, suggests it might be white gold? That's my guess.

I'd be tempted to sift through the sand/dirt/muck in that spot. Could be some nice stones with little to no metal.

Score! Talk about a honey hole! It even produced honey amber! :lol:
It's a blast when there's so many good targets you just use the pinpointer to work an area. That square pendant looks awesome! Keeping it's shine like that, where the sterling pieces are blackened, suggests it might be white gold? That's my guess.

I'd be tempted to sift through the sand/dirt/muck in that spot. Could be some nice stones with little to no metal.

Thanks alot! I found alot of loose stones in the sand, most of which im guessing are glass, but yesterday I decided to run all metal on my AT gold and found quite a few targets that wouldnt sound off with discrimination, including one 14K earring. I tried all over the shoreline, and it really only seems to be in that small square. Problem is, I have reached the water (which is currently ice) not to mention there are a ton of softball sized stones. Hunting that spot, I get tired in about 2 hours, its just a tough spot to dig. Ill definitely be returning to this place soon, but after Tuesday and yesterday, my body hurts after not hunting for a good month due to weather. I think ill try an easier spot today :cool: not sure on the pendant, still have to test it with my acid kit when I get a chance. Appreciate the comment, good luck this season!

Amazing !

So Jeff... Does this put you "in possession of stolen property" ? Wonder how long that haul has been sitting at the bottom of the lake. Is a jeweler required to inform police of suspected stolen property if someone comes to him or her with stuff like this? For that matter, I wonder what state and local laws are that govern found property suspected of being stolen. Just don't want to see you in any hot water.

Jim

JACKPOT ! May not be worth alot but still fantastic find. I would hit that place as long as I could. Good luck HH Mark

So Jeff... Does this put you "in possession of stolen property" ? Wonder how long that haul has been sitting at the bottom of the lake. Is a jeweler required to inform police of suspected stolen property if someone comes to him or her with stuff like this? For that matter, I wonder what state and local laws are that govern found property suspected of being stolen. Just don't want to see you in any hot water.

Jim
For all we know, it wasnt stolen, maybe someone lost it. We may never know Jim, that's a can of worms im certainly not going to open :worms: I edited the original post and removed stolen, on the basis that stolen was an assumption. Will you be attending the hunt in October this year? Hoping to make it this year. Good luck this season!

Last edited:
For all we know, it wasnt stolen, maybe someone lost it. We may never know Jim, that's a can of worms im certainly not going to open :worms: I edited the original lost and removed stolen, on the basis that stolen is was an assumption. Will you be attending the hunt in October this year? Hoping to make it this year. Good luck this season!

Yes, Jeff, I plan to attend, (unless some devious relative plans a wedding or funeral for that day :roll:)
I'll be announcing the hunt details on the CLUBS HUNTS & EVENTS sub-forum in late Spring, once we nail down a date with the DCR for Houghton's Pond.

Jim

Wow, I need to check in at FMD more often! You found the pirates treasure, just missing the chest, lol. I would have been tickled out of my shorts on that haul! Congratulations on stumbling onto that treasure trove.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That is crazy. It was a good day to hunt. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom